Insanity workout...modifications?

Options
I am a year out of a back injury which caused a herniated disk. I am doing much better but not sure that Insanity is something I can handle, though it sounds like it gets great results and I like the idea of something I can do at home. Just wondering from those who do it or have done it if you can modify it for back issues. Thoughts?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The entire workout revolves around high impact exercises. If you cannot do high impact, or need to modify with lower impact, you cannot safely do Insanity. Period. Because if you modify EVERY high impact exercise with something lower in impact/intensity, you might as well do something else and get better results at that point.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you have a back injury, I don't recommend this program...
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    Thanks for the honesty...I kind of figured. I will stick to more tradtional, "safer" options. The last thing I want is to be back where I was last year.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

I dont recommend it either as it can cause many injuries to people who have no health issues. Its pretty high impact. There are other programs with similar levels of intensity without the impact. Check those out.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It is so intense & the amount of jumps/plyometrics involved would cause more harm than good. Currently on week two.
  • clee4335
    clee4335 Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't recommend it either, I actually threw my back out doing Insanity and had to take a week off!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The entire workout revolves around high impact exercises. If you cannot do high impact, or need to modify with lower impact, you cannot safely do Insanity. Period. Because if you modify EVERY high impact exercise with something lower in impact/intensity, you might as well do something else and get better results at that point.

this.

or said shorter
    this
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    If you read the warning at the beginning of the program it tells you clearly if you have a history of back or spinal problems you should not do the program.

When it comes to your back I wouldn't risk it. It's not worth it let me know if you need any recommendations I've trained clients with back problems in the past my certification allows me to safely train people with orthopedic and muscular disorders :) good luck