Just found MFP!

bubyloo
bubyloo Posts: 11 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
One week ago, and loving it! I find the food and exercise diaries so much easier and more fun to keep up with than others I've tried. I'm 50+ in years and really want to "re-work" my lifestyle and fitness so I can be around for children's weddings and grandchildren someday! I'd love to be able to get off of my blood pressure medication too! Excited to find that I really enjoy using the stationery bike at the gym and hope it will help work off the 40-something pounds that need to disappear from my hips. There's even a recipe builder on here-awesome! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and getting encouragement. Have a good weekend!

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Welcome to the site! I love it here :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Welcome! Want to join us for a Skinny Satuday Challenge? Go here to check it out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109740-skinny-saturday-challenge?page=1#posts-1512638
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new here too, and I love! You will find very supportive people here! Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend! A good support system really helps!!
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I am approaching 60 in a few months and have found this site and the people to be very motivating. Besides MFP, I found reading a book call "Younger Next Year" by Chris Crowley and Dr Harry Lodge to be a real eye opener. It deals with feeling better each year as you age and is recommended for anyone 50 yrs or older. I wish I would have read it when I was in my 40's. The Doctor's chapters really explains the value of exercise and nutrition and their impact on the body. They also have a version "Younger Next Year for Women."

It all comes down to making a life style change and it looks like you are doing the right things. Best regards!
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome!! Stick to it and you can reach your goals!!
  • bubyloo
    what fun that sounds like-I just signed up! Thanks for the info.
  • bubyloo
    Okay, got to look for that on my Kindle-sounds like just the book I need to read!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Welcome we are happy that you found MFP you will really enjoy the site and more than that the friendships you will build with people that truly care about you and share a common goal. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like and I look forward to watching your success.
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Hi Linda,
    Welcome! I have only been here 3 days and love this site.

Eileen
This discussion has been closed.