Any plus sized Females do Insanity?

Options
2»

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I did it and finished it! :) I was 255lbs when I did it :)

Awesome!! I am 240 and I've been doing it for 5 weeks and no issues at all. I can even do 27 power jumps within a minute! To be fair, I have a background in dancing (18 years straight) so I know how to hold proper form and my joints can take a LOT. I would not recommend it if you are obese and don't have a background in exercising, but if you do, you can definitely do it!!!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I think I have an odd body type and "hide" fat well, I'm hovering over/under 200 right now, but I just completed a half marathon, am training for another and using insanity as cross-training! My advice is to keep at it, you can definitely do it, and if you notice, even the super-fit people in the video take small breaks in addition to the planned breaks, so do that when you need to. Each week you'll notice that you can do just a few more of each exercise. I know I jiggle when I do it, but I figure with each jiggle I'm waving goodbye to just a bit more of that fat.
  • sharonmtharp
    sharonmtharp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep, sure do! I may not be as good as they are but I am sweating my tail off!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 247#. I don't do Insanity, but I do CrossFit. If there's something you just can't do, scale it down to something you can do. One of my favorite quotes by John Wooden: "Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do." I can't do toes to bar, but I can hang from the bar and bring my knees up. I can't do box jumps, but I can stack up a few plate weights and jump on to those. I can't do double-unders, but I can do singles! You get the point... :smile:
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 and I have more then 75 pounds to loose to get to my high side of a healthy weight. It definitely kicks my butt at times but I'm glad I'm doing it. I work out with my husband so I'm sure that helps. I did do something to my knee so some things I baby it a bit but over all I try to do everything the best that I can. I love it when I see the fit people taking breaks sure makes me feel better. It does get a little easier until you start the second month but then today definitely wasn't as bad as the first day of the second month.

I've only lost 8 pounds since starting a bit disappointing but I've lost close to 9 inches and have dropped a pant size so I know it's working.

Stick with it you'll be glad you did!
  • burston0707
    Options
    I do it I'm I just finished day 3 I found the fit test hard and even though they are hard I made. It through them I sweat my butt off and end up drinking leads of water it's worth it i love it I am sore but I got much more energy that I used to have
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 and I have more then 75 pounds to loose to get to my high side of a healthy weight. It definitely kicks my butt at times but I'm glad I'm doing it. I work out with my husband so I'm sure that helps. I did do something to my knee so some things I baby it a bit but over all I try to do everything the best that I can. I love it when I see the fit people taking breaks sure makes me feel better. It does get a little easier until you start the second month but then today definitely wasn't as bad as the first day of the second month.

I've only lost 8 pounds since starting a bit disappointing but I've lost close to 9 inches and have dropped a pant size so I know it's working.

Stick with it you'll be glad you did!

This is what I am hoping for...more inches than weight.. so far not much body pain which is good. I guess all my working has paid off some..
  • darleneporter
    darleneporter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Question, Is there anyone on the Insanity plan following the nutrition plan
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I added shakeology to it about 2 weeks ago.. loving that.. but I think the meal plan is restrictive for me..

and just for the record..made it to the second month..just finishing up my first week of month2.
  • darleneporter
    darleneporter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    just want to elaborate on this topic. i am around 5'2 239 lbs, i just started the insanity workout. this os one of the hardest workout i have done but i push myself through it with a few modifications but i push through it. anyone can do it, just push :).
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I added shakeology to it about 2 weeks ago.. loving that.. but I think the meal plan is restrictive for me..

and just for the record..made it to the second month..just finishing up my first week of month2.

That is awesome good for you!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 196. I started at 207, I'm on week 5, recovery. I finished 30 day shred the month before though to build up my endurance, get my joints ready, lose a bit more weight (I lost 11lbs with 30DS). I think this helped me immensely in preparing for Insanity as for my first 2 mos of working out I was just doing a hodge podge of stuff, jogging, dancing, workout DVDs, etc. I started at 240 January 1st just for reference. I don't think Insanity is for beginners but can big girls do it? Hell yes!!!