What is your personal definition of 'Fat'?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    35% is a llttle chub, 40+ is fat.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    anything over 25% is fat

641fcffad4e8fa6a2abec3da6af71d66.gif
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    35 and up, based on those pics at least when it comes to standards for myself.
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To me 35% is ok but anything over 40% is Fat ...Thats just me I consider myself super fat lol but i just think it depends on the eye of the beholder my sister in law is 5"7" and weighs 130 and she says shes fat we all look at her like shes crazy shoot id be happy if i was at 130... My Brother always says if you stomach is bigger that your boobs your fat lol
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    35% an up
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think of myself as fat unless I was the last one. If you imagine the 40% woman in clothes, she wouldn't look fat at all.
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think of myself as fat unless I was the last one. If you imagine the 40% woman in clothes, she wouldn't look fat at all.
    agree. It would be interesting to also have photos of these same girls or body type wearing fitted clothes. Would they pick the same person in clothing vs bikini?
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    35% is sexy. 40% and up is fat. It's a fine line.

Wow... I look like the 35% in the picture but I definately consider that as fat.. the 30% picture is the top limit for looking healthy in my opinion (for a woman - men are better beefy :)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The last 3.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I judge myself more than I do others.
    I wouldn't think of a chubby person as fat, but when I was that way I called myself a beached whale
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    That last picture and a double chin.

Hmmm I'm 26% fat and have a double chin. I wonder if I can spot reduce! Anyone got any chin toning suggestions?
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body, like others have said.
    I'm 5ft4 , 130lbs and look fat, cause I have chunky arms and legs and short, bf% 21. Whereas my sister is 190lbs and bf% 32 and she looks great.

I would usually of said bf% 30+ would be considered fat, but then the girl used as an example looks great so from the pictures 35+
  • xxxMumof2xxx
    Options
    I agree, over 35% is fat..
    Generally 35% and up. Go ahead and call me shallow or whatever but that's my definition.
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bumping to keep this one, will be interesting to see how i compare when i get to my goal
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    stand up.

can you see your feet?

no?

oh, yous fat...
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    30% is chubby, 35% is fat in my eyes. Unless they have an incredible amount of muscle, I generally consider anyone with a BMI of 25+ (23+ if they have a small frame like me) fat.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I judge myself more than I do others.
    I wouldn't think of a chubby person as fat, but when I was that way I called myself a beached whale

stella, is that you?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    hmmm fat?

F-fails

A-at

T-trying
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    On a woman honestly it depends on her frame. i dont like skinny fat look AT ALL. its just not appealing to me. I honestly like the 15-22 range. BUT a lot of people look AMAZING at 22-30 RANGE and i envy them because they look amazing and i feel like a fat stump. its depends on how they carry themselves honestly and how their weight sits.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    30% is chubby, 35% is fat in my eyes. Unless they have an incredible amount of muscle, I generally consider anyone with a BMI of 25+ (23+ if they have a small frame like me) fat.

wait so 30% is chubby but you think 25% is fat......