Estimated burn and logging...

Options
So I know that everything (food included) is just an estimate. What i am wondering is..does everyone log the calories the HRM / machine/ MPF says you burned or do you deduct what you would of burned if did not work out first before logging it.

Example: I burn about 100 calories an hour if I just sat on my butt playing FB games. I put in Zumba DVD - work up a sweat - estimated burn from HRM about 500 cals for the hour.
Generally I put in the number the HRM says I burned but then I thought about it..wait maybe I should put in 400 because MFP and Fitbit already calculate the calories I would burn sitting on my butt!!

Either way - I do not believe it is affecting my loss..yet but it may down the road as I have less to lose. I also believe the HRM may actually be doing the opposite of what people says it does..I think it under estimates!

Thoughts?

Replies

• verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MFP adjusts it automatically i believe. (I know it definitely does if you have a fitbit synced as well)
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My walking app gives me the surplus of what i burn.
    I i stand still for 1 hour its still 0 cal.

So find out what your HRM is doing.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My hrm keeps on counting :/

Will have to look at past MFP totals to see if it deducts when I add the workouts :)