Another 30 Day Shred Thread....

Options
2»

Replies

• MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    I started the shred this evening, it was tough, my 14 year old daughter gave up.. I think the only reason I was able to complete the whole 20mins was I began step classes, salsa dance and circuit training classes 2 weeks ago, I got the shred to supplement those work outs along with Wii Fit Plus and diet change.. I am determined...I like it, and will try to do it daily, at least it gives my daughter a good laugh...lol

My question to everyone who has done this in the past, and currently.. How do I log it into my exercise log??

Thanks

Lanet
  • Sloop
    Sloop Posts: 8
    Options
    I did it again today and really feel the pain! I've been logging it as circuit training. Hope everyone had a great shredding day.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am on D4L1...it is a tough workout that is for sure..that last set of crunches is killer hey!!
  • MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    I did it again today and really feel the pain! I've been logging it as circuit training. Hope everyone had a great shredding day.

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • twojurfin
    twojurfin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Finished the shred for today. I hate how hard it is to keep up on the cardio sometimes! I log it as circuit training also.
  • Sloop
    Options
    D3L1-the third day must be a charm because I actually wasn't sure if I'd make it down the stairs to do day 3, but I did it! I like this work out and feel like I can add more cardio after a week of shredding. I'm sure it's mostly in my head, but I feel stronger already. Happy shredding! Let's keep with it!
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    L1D3 - today was DEFINATELY easier! i was so sore when i woke up i didn't know if i'd make it out of the bed. went to ice skating lessons w/ daughter and out to lunch then hauled myself upstairs to do the workout wondering if i'd make it through the first 5 minutes. i did it all.... and without breaks or panting! :O) i feel better now than before i did it!
  • twojurfin
    twojurfin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you guys! It is so hard sometimes to force yourself to mentally WANT to do the Shred. But I keep telling myself I would feel much worse if I didn't do it. My arms and legs are so sore I think they are going to fall off! Finished my shred for the night and I hope I can get to it earlier tomorrow rather than so late at night!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Hey all sorry for not posting this weekend was a very busy weekend for me. I decided to go to Atlantic City friday after work so I didn't get my shred it and then got called into work Saturday and Sunday. So I decided I'm going to do my workouts in the mornings so that this doesn't happen again, especially on Fridays so I can enjoy the night. I'm only on Day 4 today but myworkout felt great this morning! I can definitely feel a difference but I know my body is not ready to move on to the next level just yet so probably sticking to it the full 10 days
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the shred? I stick suck at the pushups (don't think this will ever change) and I can make it through the cardio much more then on day 1. But the jump rope is still giving me cramps in my feet like crazy so I have to keep modifying them to more of like a skipping rope type. Not sure why I am having this problem. And each day I keep wondering if I'm ever going to be able to make it through bicycle crunches... they have always been my least favorite form of crunches lol
  • grover0ca
    Options
    The bicycle crunches are hard for me too..I am day 7 now and just can finally get thru them without a break--happy about that!
    The other tough thing for me is the side lunges with arm raises..I too am using 3 pound weights. I have started using my 5 pound weights for some of the other strength moves though.

My shoulders are making a cracking noise with I do the rowing move..doesn't hurt but it sounds awful. I am stretching out with the video..but maybe I should be doing more-what is cracking noise all about???
  • Sloop
    Options
    I started the stupid Shred and have done it six times. I actually gained 2 freaking pounds. WTH?
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    hmmm I'm not sure what the cracking noise could be, maybe you are lacking a certain nutrient? Even if it doesn't hurt if it keeps doing it you should see a Dr to prevent injury.

Sloop... don't be discouraged, some people gain or stay the same in the beginning. You may be building muscle or need to drink more water. My first time doing it I stayed the same for the first 8 or 9 days, by the 10th day I did measurements and had lost inches.... only lost a pound or 2 but I didn't care because the inches made such a differene I could notice in my clothes.

Stick with it... you'll see results!
  • grover0ca
    Options
    I will keep an eye on it.

So...I finished Day 10 of Level 1 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Alot of the workout has gotten easier to do (but not too easy). Still struggling with those side lunges & raises and that final set of crunches. I plan to do Level 1 for a few more days before trying level 2.