Over 130 pounds lost...about 60-65 to go!

Options
chixyb
chixyb Posts: 107 Member
This is my first time posting in here so hopefully I did this right. I am (almost) 5'5, 26 years old, and started back in September of 2011 at over 330 lbs and a size 26. I am now at 198.6 and a size 14. I'm currently in butt-kicking mode as I'm preparing to join the U.S. Army (once I get down to an acceptable weight for MEPS). I'm loving my new lifestyle, loving my workouts, and loving that I'm finally confident enough to go for my dreams!

Before:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/chixyb/Way back when/016.jpg[/img]

Now:
075b5cc1-d4b8-4a76-bf0a-9ae201ff6dae_zps95e0ef9d.jpg

Replies

• carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done amazing - I bet you are so pleased with the slimmer new you
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! you look great... Basic training is going to be a BREEZE for you
  • cuttlebugg
    cuttlebugg Posts: 2
    Options
    What was your routine and diet like at first and how did it progress as you lost weight?
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! Amazing job, beautiful lady!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • pattibarszcz
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Great job, you're an inspiration!
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • NewMindNewBody
    NewMindNewBody Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh wow u look amazing! well done. such an inspiration. x
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic and I can just see the confidence you have. Good Luck you seem very driven I'm sure you can do it!!
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Standing Ovation!???????????? You look beautiful!:flowerforyou:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! All your hardwork is obviously paying off! Best of luck in the military! :drinker:
  • slarobinson
    slarobinson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You should be very proud.
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What was your routine and diet like at first and how did it progress as you lost weight?

I started out JUST counting calories and watching portion sizes, aiming for the low MFP recommendations. I didn't even try exercising until I'd say May or June of 2012. In the beginning it was still a lot of processed foods. Around August 2012 I decided to start cooking from scratch more. I found everything so much more enjoyable when I was making great tasting foods that were also healthy. I just try and make sure my dishes are colorful (using produce). I haven't cut anything out of my diet and I don't believe in cheat days. If I want something, I have it, but it has to be worth it for me. So sometimes I'll eat 1 heavy meal a week, sometimes I won't. It all depends on what I'm craving.

I have since increased my calories as I'm working out twice a day most days (cardio and strength split between AM and PM). I actually just recently increased them again, I am now aiming for around 1700-1800 a day.

:D
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Stay focused and keep at it.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yow look A M A Z I N G, Taken 10 years off your face, You look like a different person!!! Very well done. I love the progress piccys. Makes me want to get off my *kitten* nd exercise!!!
  • betternette
    betternette Posts: 21
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! You are so beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous! You should be so proud!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!!! YOu go girl! YOu look amazing! You look so much better!!! What an AWESOME Accomplishment!!!
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing and congrats! You look fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!