You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    When the gay guy at work who teasingly invites you to bears weekend in p-town every year looks you up and down and says "not this year, honey"
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I walked by & caught a reflection of myself in a store window. At first, I just took a second glance at the small woman I saw in the reflection, then realized it was ME! I had a hard time seeing myself as "normal" sized til then. Smaller clothes, looking in the mirror, the scale....nothing really "clicked" til that day at the window.

I'm still fat until I see myself in the side of a building or a mirror out of the corner of my eye or the like... I look directly into the mirror and still see Fat Al.
  • AAllin38
    AAllin38 Posts: 20
    Options
    .....when sugar makes you twitch and you find yourself uncomfortable with that feeling.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Two occasions stand out in my head... The first was when two of my friends told me that I was "no longer invited into their conversation as I was "no longer part of the fat chick crowd" (they were just being funny)

The other was when I met a woman for the first time and she said "It's not like you have to worry about what you eat"... I went on to explain that I sure DO have to worry, and told her about how I lost 40 pounds and was working on the final 10. :drinker:
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    being able to go into a store and just browse with out having to ask where the plus size section is.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    When your (tiny) boss asks to try on your new blazer ... and it fits her.

When you stop reaching for your old sizes in the stores, and reach for your new size.

When you're playing with your kids and they are the ones who tire out first.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    For me, it was when I walked by & caught a reflection of myself in a store window. At first, I just took a second glance at the small woman I saw in the reflection, then realized it was ME! I had a hard time seeing myself as "normal" sized til then. Smaller clothes, looking in the mirror, the scale....nothing really "clicked" til that day at the window.

this happened to me once... and i can't wait for it to happen again!!

when someone says "that shirt makes you look thinner" and you think, "maybe i'm just thinner!!!"
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    your "skinny" jeans fall off your hips.

you sit reading a book, and can comfortably curl your knees/calves up onto the sofa

no more bra-fat-rolls

people look at your lunch at work and say "that's all you're eating?" (excuse me; that's about 300-350 kcal, I like dessert in the evening. so sue me)
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My husband took a video of me (making a mentos/diet coke rocket :)), and I could not believe I did not cringe at what I saw.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    ...You climb into the bath and rather than being wedged in, you have lots of room to move around. :-)

I noticed this the other day! And also clothes falling off and "thin" clothes fitting. And the charity shop donations being too many for one person to carry.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When you think the elastic is shot in your underwear, but it turns out its just too big now.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Even though I've reached my goal, it has still yet to fully sink in for me. Every so often I still wonder into the Plus Size section without even thinking. Or I see the Penningtons commercials(Plus size clothing chain) and want to go there to check out the new season clothes.
  • dmjenni
    dmjenni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I think it will be the day that I see a picture of myself that i don't crop the body out of. Getting closer...
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You can see your whole d*ck....that's what I'm going by.

DAMN....I got a long ways to go!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can see your whole d*ck....that's what I'm going by.

^^^This right here!!! That's what I went by!!! :tongue:
  • justfine2009
    justfine2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When people ask me what I'm having for lunch and can they have some or where did I get it or it looks good. I love giving healthy suggestions on food alternatives that I've discovered.

Lastly, every morning it is a joy to wake up and look forward to gettting dressed.:wink:
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    when your fiance sees you in your old stretch pants and says "those pants are hilarious, they are so enormous on you"

um... actually, they were rather snug a few months ago
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I laid down on my side like always and my knees rubbed together and it hurt. I now have to have something between them to stop it from hurting. This is when I truly knew I was thin..lol
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    A few years ago when I lost all this weight.... went to a home party and said something about not getting fatter (from the junk food they were serving) and my sister's friend looked at me and laughed "yeah ok - like you have to worry about that". Made my day - I finally arrived to the skinny party... can't wait to go back :)