You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I basically never dislike photos of me anymore. I never crop/untag/whatever. Even if I think they're unflattering, I'm not embarrassed of them.

Probably most important? I don't say no to challenges or risks or simply *activity* anymore. Major camping and hiking trip? Sign me up. A marathon? Sure, I can do that. An evening walk after a super busy day when I'm already tired? Yes.

When I was fat, I said no to social activities all the time. I don't know if it was because I didn't have the energy, didn't want to be around people, or I was simply depressed. It's just not an issue anymore.

It's physical, yes, but it's a lot more mental.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Your confident while putting on a swim suit and don't even realize it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    when did these airplane seats get so roomy?

After losing about 70 pounds I was on a flight and seriously pulled out that airplane info brochure thinking, "wow this plane has huge seats. I wonder what kind it was."

Then I realized, no, genius, it's not the plane, it's your *kitten*.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When you take a bath to relax your muscles after a hard workout and realize that there is more water in the tub then there is you.

When you can put 2 legs in 1 pant leg of your fat jeans.

When you can run the stairs and not run out of breath

When you can sit on the floor with your kid and get up pretty fast without feeling like you just ran a 5k.

When you look in the mirror and instead of 3 chins you only have 1.

When you see a recent photo of yourself and actually like it.

I could go on and on.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    (Men) When you are naked and look down and see a pen!s. This was a major accomplishment for me.

I say this applies to men, becuase if you are a woman and look down and see a pen!s, then being fat probably wasn't your primary issue.

:heart: this one!

Also these : My son tires out before I do when performing yard work/working out.

Almost every single patient that walks through the doors asks me how much weight I've lost and how did I do it.

I have a before picture on my phone that I show people when they tell me I need to eat more for lunch.

My coworkers have started eating healthier(I make breakfast about once a week for them) and my wife eating
    healthier, even though she is not logging on MFP, she has lost inches definitely, but idk about weight.

The size 44 in waist jeans I bought about 2 months into this journey are so loose I need to go shopping for more.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    When packing for fun vacation, you don't pull the pajamas out first. -Because they're the only "clothes" that you KNOW will fit!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No more Xs in front of the size shirt I buy. Started with 3 of them.

Exactly what I was going to say!! Totally, this!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    when did these airplane seats get so roomy?

Also, this! :drinker:
  • DeeBrownBaker
    DeeBrownBaker Posts: 145
    Options
    I do think fat is a state of mind... I probably will always think I'm fat even though I've lost a few dress sizes (32W to 22) and none of my old clothes fit... I keep reaching for them because *I* still see myself the same... I keep working at my weight because of how I feel... which is tons better!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mi4zx4siIs1s5r4d9o1_400.gif
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The bow on your shoe laces is in the center of your sneakers. Before I couldnt lift my leg enough or bend over enough to tie my shoes in the center. My bows were always on the edge of my sneakers! LOL
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    When I have a six pack. Until then, there is a layer of fat that needs to be removed.
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When people talk to you at the gym
    When your pants fall down (happened to me last night making dinner!oops)
    When you don't get out of breath walking up the stairs
    When you can't decide on an outfit to buy because they ALL fit AND look good!
    When people say how 'pretty' you are now. Wasn't I pretty before?? I can't get over that one...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I have a six pack. Until then, there is a layer of fat that needs to be removed.

Oh come on, you got at LEAST a 3.5pack going on there!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I do think fat is a state of mind... I probably will always think I'm fat even though I've lost a few dress sizes (32W to 22) and none of my old clothes fit... I keep reaching for them because *I* still see myself the same... I keep working at my weight because of how I feel... which is tons better!

Your mind hasn't caught on yet, it will catch on, especially when you have so much to lose and when you do lose it, your mind is still seeing a big girl. Been there, still have moments of seeing my old self in the mirror but have to go pull up my progress photos to remind myself that isn't me anymore. Keep on pushing, you'll eventually see what everyone else sees.
  • zhoumag
    zhoumag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can curl up or sit cross-legged at your desk and still have room left over on your chair (ergonomics aside...)
  • mayapapayaa14
    Options
    when you no longer have itchy red lines across your stomach from your pants when you stand up after sitting all day at work. When you're not breathing all hard when you come up the steps just to come into work (and everyone else is)..lol...when you feel good about actually looking at your WHOLE body in the mirror and not trying to avoid them... and wanting to take pictures of yourself more :o)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Oh come on, you got at LEAST a 3.5pack going on there!

You literally just made me laugh out loud. Thanks ;-)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    For me it was the following indicators:

People started calling me slim.

I often over-estimated my size -- thinking I was much larger than I actually was.

I could walk up the stairs and not get winded.

It was easier to get out of bed in the morning.
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Roomy airplane seats will be it for me!