Anyone else doing Slimming World??

Options
posypink
posypink Posts: 39 Member
Hello :-)

Just wondering if anyone else is doing Slimming World?

I have been doing it since last August and love it, but don't know many people doing it??

Would love some support/be able to bounce recipes/ideas off someone!! xxx

Replies

• lolastarxxx
    Options
    Hi posypink im doing it feel free to message me about it :) xx
  • adozenunholyowls
    adozenunholyowls Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'll be starting in next day or two when I get my shopping organised! Going to use a blog for a food diary I think.
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined nearly three weeks ago and have lost 11lb up to now
  • posypink
    posypink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yay!! So pleased to find some slimming world buddies on here :-)

Any favourite recipes?? A HUGE hit in my house is the Morroccan Chicken, Spaghetti Bolognese and what I call "Cottage Hot Pot" - it's the Cottage Pie with the Hot Pot topping :-)

11lb already - weightloss431? That is incredible! Well done!!

I'm making burgers tonight too - I love the recipes, and can't believe you are lose so much weight and enjoy food so much!! :-) xxx
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm more or less following slimming world! (but not going to the meetings)

Just running into the problem now of how to log on here, because obviously MFP has calorie goals, and slimming world has eat all the good stuff, and I keep going way over my cals!
  • adozenunholyowls
    adozenunholyowls Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, I officially love SW. True, I've only been doing it six days, but I wasn't hungry once and I definitely haven't been feeling deprived whatsoever.

Falamoyacrava, I use the blog function on here to keep a food diary - it doesn't exactly make interesting reading (!) but it helps me keep on top of my syns and healthy extras. Plus, I should be able to see where I've gone wrong if I have a bad week.

One thing I'd say - you need to be SUPER organised for this to work. Good luck everyone :)

PS Posypink, that's an amazing weight loss, well done!
  • Penny_Wren
    Penny_Wren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My housemate and I are doing Slimming World without going to the meetings as I have all the stuff from joining a while ago.

I am finding that although Slimming World says eat as much as you like etc, portion control is a good idea and I'm usually under or around my calorie goal and full all the time! I tend not to bother logging the Super Free foods that I snack on as I don't think they really count.

The Blog idea is good! (Y) And good luck!!
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ive done sw for 4 years and lost just under 6 stone - then at christmas joined gym to tone and found the 2 plans don't go together for me (i accept every person's body is different).

I put in my normal 'SW' day and the calories are near 2000 when I should be aiming for 1400.

I stopped going to class as money now goes toward gym.

Anyone else had this issue?

I love SW and it changed my life so much - but i seem to be stuck. Loved having carbs on SW but now i can't go near them or wasting time at gym :(