trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    in the uk
    then it's gotta be the Davina range she kicks *kitten*! :bigsmile:
    as for rest of the world
    then gotta be p90x oh yeh gotta love Tony! :wink:
  • kristin1219
    Options
    wow...you guys are great! so many options to look into now! I DO have a wii....however have moved 3x in the past 4 months so it is M.I.A. at the moment. With that I used EA Active Personal Trainer, Wii Fit & Zumba. I loved it. I wouldn't say I am necessarily a beginner, but most certainly not advanced by any means! My main goal is LOSE THE BELLY!!! then I will go from there!!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmpopz3012
    Options
    bump
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is super awesome, highly recommend. Some others I really enjoy are Body by Bethenny and Skinnygirl Workout (both yoga) and Kristen McGee Weight Loss Pilates. I also like Tracey Mallett. Have fun!!

I usually do Jillian Michaels but I am so sore today that I just can't see another High Intensity workout so I was wanting to do Body by Bethenny because I remember doing it a while back and loving it. What do you log this as in MFP??
  • icemelt68
    icemelt68 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a beginner when it comes to weight lifting. For me, I think the Jackie Warner 30 day Fast Start is an excellent start for a full body weight training workout. She does the pyramid routine so I'm not easily bored. Before I know it, I've completed both workouts and my muscles are on FIRE!!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking a look at Beach Body programs. THey have coaches that you can consult with and find a program that is right for you.....also, if you order a program and its not right for you, return it for refund...I've never had any problems returning - GREAT customer service!
    Best of luck!
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like Davina as she doesn't take herself too seriously and there are enough repetitions of each movement for you too concentrate on doing it right before rushing to the next sequence.

Going to give the 30DS a look after the May 10,000 calorie burn challenge is done and dusted.
  • elisew34
    elisew34 Posts: 27
    Options
    I started the KettleWorx workouts about 3 months ago and I love it! I've lost a stone in weight and have dropped from a size 14 to a size 12 (UK)
    I struggled massively in the first couple of weeks but began to notice a difference and started to find it easier from week 3 onwards. I'm now in the process of doing it all over again with a slightly heavier Kettlebell and I still enjoy it :happy:
  • blbasham
    blbasham Posts: 11
    Options
    Zumba and Bob Harper Biggest Loser videos have been my faves lately.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I really wanna check out Turbo Fire; but I have the "6 workout set" of Turbo Jam and they're AWESOME. I bought it off ebay for, like, 20 bucks.

I actually ENJOY doing the Turbo Jam DVD's. They're fun, to me. Chalean seems like she'd be fun to be around, and the music is actually pretty good (for being a couple years old). So it's pretty entertaining.

Good Luck :)

**Added later**
    I like Jillian and all; I've tried 30DS and Ripped in 30, and I realized someting: I don't like DVD's or exercises that aren't "fun" to me. And, Jillian makes me sore as *kitten*. When it's jumping jacks and push ups and squats; I get bored. That's why I like Turbo Jam - cuz you do kicks, and punches, and "Mama said knock you out!" kinda stuff...
  • stadter
    stadter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you can workout in front of a computer, internet accessible TV or an iPad, I recommend FitnessBlender.com. They have a TON of videos and programs outlined by day. Cheaper than buying a DVD (the program outlines are $5-10) and gives more variety because you have access to so many other videos. The majority of their workouts are designed for use with minimal equipment and you don't need a lot of space (which was key when I lived my last apartment).
  • clarajeanbean
    clarajeanbean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once you find your Wii, get Just Dance! I have all four and it is a great time and a great cardio workout! And my other absolute favorite is Biggest Loser Challenge, for a mix of strength and cardio. The Biggest Loser game is great because it allows you to set your goals and choose programs, and unlike some other workout games I've tried, it mixes up the routines all the time, so it doesn't get boring!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KolaCabana
    KolaCabana Posts: 19
    Options
    ZUMBA! ive had a few but definitely prefer the target zones one the most
    And they come in DVD and game form, ive only ever tried the DVD form tho

I have the DVDs and they're amazing. Totally worth the money.
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire rock, and I recently got into DDP Yoga (www.ddpyoga.com). My weight hasn't moved a bunch, but I'm definitely losing inches (a big deal for me). I get bored really easily, but the Turbo series and DDP keep me engaged.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    P90X....nuff said.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    At Home Workout DVDs.....going to try to order at least 1 this weekend. Havent heard about many aside from Jillian Michaels. What are some of your favorites?

Ellen Barrett's Studio Series, Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness Series, Leslie Sansone Just Walk series and

Reviews & video clips are here:

http://www.collagevideo.com/

This site is great .... tons of information here.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. I mix between three of them, Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, and 6 week 6 pack (did them all a month each before I started mixing them up though.)
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity and 30 day shred. Any of the beachbody dvds are really good. Do you have an apple tv or roku? There's a channel on hulu called the daily burn and there are tons of workouts on there and you can pick your intensity level and time (I use the iphone app and then play it on the apple tv). I've been doing a mix.