HELP! Smoking/weight loss/ is this healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    great job on the quitting smoking - I know its hard but it can be done. I am 5 and a half weeks into giving up and 10 days without a nicotine patch on, so I am finally nicotine free yipee. I am watching what I eat and exercising for the first time in years, as I don't want to put on a loads of weight. In the month I've been on mfp I have also lost 3.5lbs which is fine by me as I wasn't expecting to lose any initially while my body got rid of the nicotine.
    I am not being too hard on myself over food as its more important to give up smoking although I am trying to stick in my daily calorie limits and exercise to gain a few more so I can snack when I want too.

Overall it hasn't taken me long to feel really healthy, if you or anyone else need another ex smoker quitting friend trying to get healthy you can add me as a friend and I'll support you along the way
    best wishes - you know you can do it.
  • rose_gian
    rose_gian Posts: 43
    Options
    My fitness pal makes it easy to count calories because you can scan bar codes of the products you eat, with a smart phone. There is nutrition information about restaurants in MFP, or restaurant post on their website the nutritional value, or they should have a hard copy at the restaurant. I have been on and off MPF for the past year for the same reason, I hate counting calories. But I did record my weight here and there when I felt like trying MFP again. Over the past year I have gained about 20 lbs! I finally got serious about it last week when I stepped on the scale and realized I was almost 200lbs, at 5'1 that is unhealthy! I also have a scale to measure food in ounces and grams. And you can just guesstimate what the portion size is. Drink lots of water and logg in what you have eaten even if you are over your daily goal. The more calories you burn with exercise the more calories you can eat that day! I hope this encourages you.