A skinny Drew Carey?

Options
2»

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this link. Great story! As to those who say he looks "older"--maybe you are remembering him from his days of having the sitcom. It HAS been several years since that show was completed, so all those syndicated reruns tend to play with your mind, and when you see the person in real life, they look "older" than when on the show, because--surprise-they ARE!!:bigsmile:

I think he looks great--definitely younger than his chronological age.

And if anyone is still hung up on the "looking older" thing if you lose weight....here is a thought.....

"I'd rather be thinner and look older than stay fatter and be DEAD!!":noway: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    t1larg.drew.carey.gi.jpg
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I think it's the bow tie and the big glasses that are making him look older. His smaller face doesn't work with his old style glasses, he just needs a makeover. Looks just a little bit too much like orville reddenbocker wtih the glasses and bow tie. lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    t1larg.drew.carey.gi.jpg
    Ok, seeing the photo again, I think he looks his age and pretty darn good, he's ONLY 52 kids, that's YOUNG!:drinker: , Sometimes it takes time to adjust when someone changes weights drastically. He looks happy and as Nich0le shared he's off his meds and his health is by far better.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow he looks great! I never would have thought he was 52 though. He is proof to us all that weight can be lost. I mean, seeing him on tv all these year heavy, and now he's lost all that weight, well we all can do it too! Hurray for Drew!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's good he lost the weight but damn son, he looks so old !
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    WOW! Time to say good-bye to carbs again!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    to be honestly, overweight people tend to look younger because they have the fat in their face to push out any wrinkles. That's what the plastic surgeons do to fill in lines around the mouth. They lipo your thighs or butt and add it into your cheeks. So he probably would have looked like this, as he is 52, even if he was skinny his whole life. I think he looks good, just his chubby baby face is gone.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Happy for him! I still miss the Drew Carey show. Cleveland rocks! Well not really but the show did!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love Drew Carey. I've always had a crush on him. As a matter of fact, my husband resembles him. I think he needs to get more into strength training. From the transformations I've seen on a bodybuilding site, most people when they strength train everything about them looks younger, including thier face. It's amazing.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    to be honestly, overweight people tend to look younger because they have the fat in their face to push out any wrinkles. That's what the plastic surgeons do to fill in lines around the mouth. They lipo your thighs or butt and add it into your cheeks. So he probably would have looked like this, as he is 52, even if he was skinny his whole life. I think he looks good, just his chubby baby face is gone.
    I agree, it happens that way to many ppl. So funny how the Drew thread lives on and we're pickin the poor guy apart after he's lost so much weight. Sheesh, I feel bad here we are on a weightloss site ourselves and Drew might even be among us!:wink:

I'm Drew, I mean through.:drinker: Everyone have a drink of water to Drews success, and may we all have much of our own and hope noone starts a thread about us looking OLD when we reach goal!:blushing: :noway: :laugh:
  • weaklink109
    Options

........I'm Drew, I mean through.:drinker: Everyone have a drink of water to Drews success, and may we all have much of our own and hope noone starts a thread about us looking OLD when we reach goal!:blushing: :noway: :laugh:

Touche':bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    I agree that I think it's the outfit and hair cut that make him look older. That was the first thing I thought about when I saw him "why is he wearing those dreadful clothes?" The clothes even look too big for him and is not complimenting his new body. I'm very happy for him and I hope he struts his stuff and gets age appropriate clothes for his new body! Go Drew!
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    OK I just saw a full length picture..LOL
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/29/drew-careys-massive-weigh_n_663467.html

I actually think the outfit is all wrong. Geez I would fire the stylist. First, of all, he looks old because he looks pale and all gray. You can't even see his eyebrows, as his hair, face, skin and outfit all look ash gray. Give him a new outfit, hair color and maybe a tan and he would look TOTALLY different. You can see with the black suit that there is some color contrast that brings out the color on his face/hair.
  • FairPlay1
    Options
    Dear Drew: You look great. Find a clothing consultant and get some really good fitting suits with a smooth drape to accent your hard work. The fit is everything.

Best regards,
  • dewilliams3
    Options
    I don't think he looks old. He just has parenthesis around his mouth. But, can I just say, he is still a diabetic, just diet and exercise controlled. You don't just lose diabetes.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I don't think he looks old. He just has parenthesis around his mouth. But, can I just say, he is still a diabetic, just diet and exercise controlled. You don't just lose diabetes.

Last statement, not quite accurate. Gestational diabetes in pregnant women is not ongoing. Also, people whose test scores point to pre-diabetes who change their diet and lifestyle have been known to NOT develop diabetes. Even if you are diabetic, as you say, it can be controlled with diet and exercise, which is great.
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    His skinny look reminds me a little bit of David Letterman?

I agree!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Dear Drew: You look great. Find a clothing consultant and get some really good fitting suits with a smooth drape to accent your hard work. The fit is everything.

Best regards,
    omg, Someone has WAY to much time on their hands worrying about the clothes of a stranger..:laugh: :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!