You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You know when you're thin when all of you're 'thin' clothes that you hoped to get into are now your fat clothes- need to go shopping! That and you have a line on your arm where your bicep is- (I can't stop looking at it haha)
  • gino715
    gino715 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Waking up in the morning and excited to get dressed to start a new day.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You know you're not fat anymore when....

All the clothing you try on works and you don't need to shift between three blouses to find the one that doesn't grip your stomach and back fat.

Jean zips are a breeze.

You go through dozens of safety pins to keep your pants up.

Your running shoes actually go bad.

You need a separate drying rack for sports bras and jogging pants.

You have ribs showing on your upper torso ! This was really weird for me. I used to have a couple of rolls with cellulite !

You notice that you're walking into a store faster than anyone else and not out of breath.

You start to see weird dents, bones, muscles, and even veins showing that you never noticed before on places like your wrists and shoulders.

Men start giving you curious side glances, even the ones who are / were out of your league.

Some women get a lot friendlier / accepting around you.
    When I was fat I was ignored or regarded with mild politeness by most.

Random strangers tell that you look like a doll.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    When your wedding, or engagement suits from 5 years ago don't fit you.

When your jeans are being held up by the extra holes you made in your belt.

When you change shoe sizes (yeah how did that happen?)

When you're junk is MUCH larger.

When you're a horn doggy all the time.
  • shuadchaun
    shuadchaun Posts: 10
    Options
    When you can go to an amusement park, like Knott's and know you can ride every ride because you can fit on them.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You can see your whole d*ck....that's what I'm going by.

I just laughed so loud my boss just came out of her office...luckily I'm on my lunch break!
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    when did these airplane seats get so roomy?

This.....

And other people don't consider themselves unlucky or hate having to sit next to you on the plane.....
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I think I accepted that I am thin when my bicep vein became permanently visible.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    When you can go to an amusement park, like Knott's and know you can ride every ride because you can fit on them.

Definitely! Last trip to an amusement park, I didnt have to get in the line for the row that had the rides' fat guy seats. awesome.
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You aren't scared to take your kids to the amusement park due to knowing that you can't fit on all of the rides with them....
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My thighs aren't rubbing together/touching when walking. I honestly never thought I would experience that feeling.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

This post got me thinking: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/989593-you-know-you-re-fat-when What is the reverse? I've never not been fat. What does that look like? What does that feel like?

I've never not been fat, either, and still technically overweight and not morbidly obese (down 95lb), but:
    -when your friends make comments, like I don't have any more weight to lose, call me skinny, etc
    -people that I haven't seen in a few years don't recognize me
    -pulling a t-shirt out of the dryer, thinking, "that sure looks small, it must be my sister's" when in fact, it used to be, and she gave it to me for workout clothes and it DOES fit now
    -still not used to *not* having to shop in the plus-size section anymore, and I'm almost to single-digit sizes!
    -not recognizing myself in photos - I've had to do double-takes
    -being able to crawl behind the couch to get the remote, where the toddler left it!
    -just a week and a half ago, I got lifted up off the ground in a ruck at my rugby match (hmm. might be time to put some more muscle on!)
    -I had a teammate say I lost weight just so she can't fit in my shorts anymore when she has to borrow them! And I consider her average size!
    -thinking to myself over the winter, when I'd walk outside over my lunch: I used to do this all the time walking to class in college, it wasn't THIS cold! Then realizing I had a lot more insulation back then, lol. I'm cold ALL the time, now!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...here is another one...

When you bf picks you up and when you worry he'll hurt himself he says "you weigh nothing, I pick up heavier things all day at work" .

:love:

tumblr_me7sejLAaj1r5g67po1_500.gif

tumblr_md0396bRRG1r6aoq4o1_400.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    you get all pissed at your boyfriend for putting his little sister's pants in your closet.... to only realize later that those are actually your pants and they actually fit you.

Doh!
  • kathyanne112
    kathyanne112 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I could write a book on this one! I like all the ones posted here.
    I think I'll have to agree with the person who caught their reflection in the side of the buiding and thought it was someone else. That actually happened to me.
    There are so many daily things. I could start with getting in the car every morning - you know not feeling like I'm spilling over my seat.
    Plain old boring clothing sizes, though - I've been astonished at what I can wear.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When your girl friend whom you have always admired for being thin, offers to give you a dress and you think "no way could I fit into any of your clothes", but she brings it in and it actually fits!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This is the single most inspiring thread I've ever read. I have barely started in this adventure and am gettting kind of emotional reading some of these. I can't wait to have my own to share!!

Same here!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    When your girl friend whom you have always admired for being thin, offers to give you a dress and you think "no way could I fit into any of your clothes", but she brings it in and it actually fits!

I had this happen... only my GF was giving me clothes that were too small for her! I was like... holy crap! that's when I realized I must look awesome. She's a babe.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When you are at the movies, and you have to get up for a rest room break, and you can turn sideways and inch in front of everyone else in the row with out assaulting them with your large rear or belly.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    ...that day will NEVER come...curses self-image problems!!!!!!!