Hey!! What about RUNNING!!

Options
Hello everyone,

I want to maintain in shape (I don't mind losing some pounds :P) I also want to tone my body up

Is running 3 times a week for 4 km enough? I also will add 15 minute of strength workout

How good is it? ;\

>> I've got tired of screens!! So no more dvds!!

Thanks

Replies

• lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Depends on more specific goals and like a good place to start! Strength training will give you the body composition that you are after. Running is a way to improve cardio health and create a calorie deficit to help with weight loss. Strength training will transform the body, maintain muscle mass and not to mention the positive effects it has on bone density.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a reasonable place to start. You may want to work in a more dedicated strength routine (15 minutes isn't much and sounds like an after though here), but you can evaluate that as you go if you want.

Or add it in now then stop/cut back if the need arises. This is probably a better approach, but it's really up to you.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    anything that you will continue to do is a good thing... 4k 3/week & some strength training will get you results... slowly but surely... best of luck to you!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    If you haven't ran before or in a while, look into couch to 5K it will get you into running shape, not just cardio but getting your body trained up to the rigors of running. I caution you to not take up running just to lose weight. I tried that and I'm hopelessly addicted to running.

I still weight train twice a week if not 3 times a week. I run through the machines and it takes me about 30 minutes (but I'm not doing any 30 minute workout thing)
  • Ghadah88
    Ghadah88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Depends on more specific goals and like a good place to start! Strength training will give you the body composition that you are after. Running is a way to improve cardio health and create a calorie deficit to help with weight loss. Strength training will transform the body, maintain muscle mass and not to mention the positive effects it has on bone density.
    Oh I wish I had that motivation, I just feel I don't want to workout at all.
    Sounds like a reasonable place to start. You may want to work in a more dedicated strength routine (15 minutes isn't much and sounds like an after though here), but you can evaluate that as you go if you want.
    Or add it in now then stop/cut back if the need arises. This is probably a better approach, but it's really up to you.
    Thanks ^_^

anything that you will continue to do is a good thing... 4k 3/week & some strength training will get you results... slowly but surely... best of luck to you!
    I hope so, Thanks
    If you haven't ran before or in a while, look into couch to 5K it will get you into running shape, not just cardio but getting your body trained up to the rigors of running. I caution you to not take up running just to lose weight. I tried that and I'm hopelessly addicted to running.

I still weight train twice a week if not 3 times a week. I run through the machines and it takes me about 30 minutes (but I'm not doing any 30 minute workout thing)
    Running makes me feel good !