Hungry...

Options
Psyb3r
Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
Hello everyone!

I could really use some help here. I've been on MFP for 2 years as of this past March. I started with a goal of 100lbs, and back in Feb I got to within 5lbs of that goal. Then life happened (birthday dinners, vacation, etc) and I gained back a little of that weight (2lbs or so). In March I started boxing, which I did for about 2 weeks. I didn't lose any weight (disappointed) but I had fun. I asked for some advice on here, and people said that I was eating too few calories (1200). So I checked my BMR = 1516 (at the time), and increased my calories to that. I was told that I needed to give it time (6 weeks ish) for me to see results.

Fast forward to May. 6lbs gained.... :devil: :sick: :sad: :noway: So I decided to hard core exercise - walk 30 minutes daily, started crossfit 3-4x per week, and running approx 2 miles 1x per week. Someone suggested that on my non crossfit days I eat 1300-1400 calories, and on my workout days eat approx 1700. I've been doing crossfit for approx 2 weeks now, and I've not lost anything.

The problem = I'm HUNGRY all the time now. It's 1:30 (ish) here and I literally just got back from lunch about 10 minutes ago, and I'm still hungry. I don't think it's in my mind, my stomach is still gurgling (growling).

Needless to say, I am so upset that I just want to quit, I feel horrible (clothes are tight, hangry), and I'm now further from my goal than I was 3 months ago.

Please please please help!
Stats: BMR = 1470(ish)
Age = 28
Sex = F
Current weight 163 :sad:
Goal weight 150

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    With 13 lbs to lose have you considered setting your MFP goal to .5 or 1 lb a week and eating back your exercise calories? Your BMR is what your body needs to simply be. It doesn't include replacing what you lose through exercise.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a whopping glass of water, wait for 30 mins, if your still hungry then maybe grab an apple or a fat free yoghurt. Secret is to try not to focus on hunger because the more you think about it the more hungry you seem to become. Protein.. lots of it, this is the only way i can eat lowish calorie but feel full and not blast my calories through the roof xx
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Plenty of protein, protein, protein! And I add in extra fiber when I need to as well. An apple will curb my growling tummy fairly well, but 10 baby carrots or a green bell pepper completely cures it for up to three hours! It sounds like our BMR's are similar. Hang in there!
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more protein and healthy fats, and less carbs. For carbs get it from veggies, fruit and legumes where it has more fiber, less on refine carbs. I would try to eliminate the grains and dairy for awhile since it causes inflammation and your blood sugar to spike to fast causing insulin to store more fat.

healthy fats- avocados, nuts, healthy oils such as virgin coconut oils, olive oil, grapeseed oil
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein normally. (Today not a good day ) I also track fiber, and as you can see in my diary, I get enough each day.

I do eat back exercise calories. On crossfit days I eat approx 1700 calories which is 1300 goal + 3-400 calories extra that I burned through crossfit.
    I normally eat lots of veggies, salads, hummus, not so many nuts ( i hate that it's such a small amount for alot of calories), but avacado, lean chicken, lean beef.
    Plus (even though i don't track it on here) I drink ALOT of water (16-20 glasses a day).
    Any other thoughts?

ETA: I feel like even though I'm eating 1300 calories on off days (which is what I was eating before I bumped up to 1500 for that 6 weeks) I'm still not losing any weight. It's so frustrating. 150 is just a goal I set, I could still lose another 30 lbs and still be in the middle of the "healthy" bmi range for my height...
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    From what I did notice from the diary, you do include grains and dairy ...I would try to eliminate them for awhile..it could be making you hungrier