Summer reset

Options
In my first few days of summer I have been able to do so much for myself that I never have time for during the school year! Cooking all my meals, working out each day, cleaning the house, laundry, reading, gardening, practicing piano...summer is such a good reset and motivator to relax and focus on yourself. So glad I picked a career where I get to have this reset every year. I don't know how the rest of the world gets by without it. Now if only I could make this kind of time for myself during the school year....

How is the start of your summer?

Replies

• mrk1185
    mrk1185 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Summer doesn't start until the end of June for me... But I'm looking forward to a great and very active summer once it does start up!

Three races scheduled so far including and some great hiking and camping coming up too, I hope!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Wow. What country are you in? How long are your holidays?
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mmm...I couldn't agree more. I'm so excited for my juicer to get here, and for all of the extra time to rest and take time to watch what I put in my body!
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    In my first few days of summer I have been able to do so much for myself that I never have time for during the school year! Cooking all my meals, working out each day, cleaning the house, laundry, reading, gardening, practicing piano...summer is such a good reset and motivator to relax and focus on yourself. So glad I picked a career where I get to have this reset every year. I don't know how the rest of the world gets by without it. Now if only I could make this kind of time for myself during the school year....

How is the start of your summer?

YUP! Teaching at a community college, a university and occasionally at a middle school can be hectic, so the summer is def my recharge batteries and get stuff done. I am going to spend a whole bunch of time working on muscle toning and perfecting my boxing technique. Looking forward to it!
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Family issues is not good. however, it is a time for new changes so I am willing to exercises a little or a lot everyday.

I am wanting to be more active and this might be a time to start and keep it.