Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    37858945.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...let it sit in the fridge overnight, and voila!!...

OMG! I HATE overnight cauliflower oats! Those are the worst! Why can't people just be satisfied with regular cauliflower oatmeal?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Wait just one doggone minute....... :huh:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    So I am a big fan of oatmeal, but OMG the carbs!!! So I was trying to figure out a replacement and suddenly thought..."Why not Cauliflower?

Pics to follow!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! wtf..
    No!!

gif191.gif
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to top with kale for an extra treat!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    So I am a big fan of oatmeal, but OMG the carbs!!! So I was trying to figure out a replacement and suddenly thought..."Why not Cauliflower?!"

I steamed a head of cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes, then pureed in a food processor. Added a bit of milk (fat free), cinnamom, and brown sugar, let it sit in the fridge overnight, and voila!! Tastes exactly like oatmeal!!

Pics to follow!

Perfect! Doesn't matter what you add to it, it all becomes negative calorie!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    you forgot the stevia. It's always better with stevia.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am just gonna say it - that sounds repulsive - but you get points for being creative

No need to be rude. Cauliflower has a natural sweetness that can be enhanced by adding brown sugar and cinnamon. Eating low carb is tough, but worth it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    you forgot the stevia. It's always better with stevia.

Stevia is for my offee.
  • disobedientkitteh
    Options
    Ummmm oh hellz no!!
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not being rude - gave you creative points!!! Just being honest
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer steel-cut cauliflower (has more snob-appeal).
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-1017-1366239881-13.gif
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I just eat all dem carbs because I run and oat are pretty ideal in terms of carbs. Mmmm, oatmeal.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the texture and looks could pass as a sub for Cream of Wheat. I would make this...and feed it to someone I hate.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am just gonna say it - that sounds repulsive - but you get points for being creative

No need to be rude. Cauliflower has a natural sweetness that can be enhanced by adding brown sugar and cinnamon. Eating low carb is tough, but worth it.

Not to be rude, but.......Um, HELLO!!! Brown sugar is a CARB! You should know that by now. I NEVER use brown sugar on MY cauliflower oatmeal. Duh. :noway:
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    LOL! For the win!
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    I give you props for being creative while trying to stay low carb!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I make cauliflower bread. I usually put roasted cauliflower on it and top it with cauliflower mayo-like spread. It's caulifloriffic!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yeah but oatmeal has some benefits which this doesn't have. I mean cauliflower is good for you but it doesn't clear out your cholesterol or stick to your ribs....