100+ Weight Loss How do you prevent skin sag?

Options
2»

Replies

• christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have more than a hundred pounds to lose also and I know in the long run I will probably need skin removal surgery but for now I am drinking lots of water and using St. Ives skin renewing body lotion. It has Collagen and Elastin and the results are viable! I am very happy with the results this far! Oh and LIFTING! Weight training is helping me tighten!!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that lost over 100 pounds ( I think it was closer to 130) six years ago now...She said the loose skin gets better with each passing year. (she is late thirties)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Lose slowly (1-2 pounds per week). Exercise to build muscle and tone. Use cocoa butter products-like soaps, lotions, cream, oils. I've read that it helps. Good luck :) I was really worried about this topic as well. After 40-50 pounds I thought I would surely have a problem but my skin seems to be responding to the changes and has put my fears to rest....for now..
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mandy4d
    mandy4d Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose myself and I am terrified of the thought that I am going to be a big blob of skin when I get to my goal. I have more to lose than you do, I have to lose 182 to go and have already lost 50 that is after a 33 pound gain back. I know it is too late to say this, but I just wish I hadn't let myself get to this size and then I wouldn't have to be worried about it. I am friends with sevencallmemom though and she really inspires me, because she says she has the sagging skin, but I can not tell that she does. That gives me some hope, I also think that if I don't try to lose the fat all at once and take it day by day and week by week that I should be able to firm up my skin as I go. I think I will still need surgery to fix it in the end, but at least I can try to not make it a massive surgery.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    lose at a slower rate (1 to 2 lbs a week) then do strength and cardio work outs. Build up your strength and muscles.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm turning into a shar pei. I'm looking great in clothes though. &:) I'm planning on needing surgery to remove excess skin. There's no way I could build enough muscle to fill this bag of skin. And, at my age, I can't expect much elasticity. A friend of mine had excess skin removed from her tummy after losing 94 pounds. She said it was not a bad surgery at all. I know that my health insurance will pay for quite a bit of it.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bump