Ladies...I need shoe advice.

Options
Lissa_M
Lissa_M Posts: 131
Other than my walking/running shoes, all my shoes are flip-flops and sandals. I live in them year round and have as long as I can remember. I have never had a burning desire to wear heels, mostly because I always felt I walked like a duck in them, especially when I weighed nearly 400lbs.

I have a family wedding to attend next month and I just got myself a swanky dress for it and I am now trying to find a pair of shoes, maybe leaning towards something with a bit of a heel. Its going to be a long day with family photos and dancing at the reception, so I want something really comfortable, but also something pretty.

Any ladies out there, especially plus size, have any suggestions on maybe a brand that is more comfortable. Pumps vs wedges?

Thanks!

Replies

• kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Wedges. Definitely go with wedges.

I always just buy the cutest, cheapest shoes and don't pay much attention to brand or comfort, so I can't offer much advice other than that, but wedges are going to be the most comfortable, especially if you're not used to wearing heels.
  • Anikamarie4
    Options
    go shoe shopping at the end of the day when your feet are tired and sore and find wedges that feel good on your feet. I can walk/run in wedges all day long. Love them.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    wedges
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wedges are a lot more comfortable and I think more appropriate for a summer wedding. You don't want to sink into grass! Land's end has some really cute wedge espadrilles, and I want to mention I have never gotten more compliments on a pair of shoes than the hush puppies renown floral wedges--good if you have a solid color dress.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Its an evening wedding and my dress is black.

I knew there was a reason I don't do this girly dress up thing very often :tongue:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm a shoe girl. Wedges are a good choice and you can find them for dressy occasions, too. You can also do a thicker/lower heel which is very easy to walk in and dance in, too. I'm a 6 inch heel kind of girl, but when I 1st started wearing heels wedges were the best bet for comfort and stability. :)