Sooo I bought some protein powder

Options
I went out in the search of some protein shakes etc. to make it a bit easier to reach my calories once I raised them again. The brand I bought is the same as the premixed shakes I was drinking at the time EAS Advantedge carb control, (no I'm not actually cutting my carbs, the 110 calories seemed to fit my diet pretty well) and the powder I picked up is called EAS Soy Protein, I figured same brand as the ones I like and it's the only brand that has a small container so that if I didn't like it I would waste 10 bucks instead of 20. I was wrong, this stuff tastes TERRIBLE, nothing at all like the premixed shakes.. I'm wondering if maybe the premixed ones are whey protein instead of soy. Has anyone else tried this stuff and found a way to make it palatable? Can you put the powder in other foods to mask that awful after taste? If not, can you recommend a brand that doesn't taste like butt? (Not that I know what butt tastes like :noway: :laugh: ) I'm not at all happy with this purchase but the receipt is long gone. Thanks guys, this is my first topic ever being OP but I know I'll get some good advice/funny trolls :laugh:

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I love the EAS carb control! Strawberry is my favorite but the chocolate is good too. Sorry you didn't like it!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Never tried that brand, but there are ways you can doctor it up. I like to add sugar free pudding mix (many different flavors to choose from), peanut butter (Or PB2), or frozen fruits to mine. Also, you can cook with protein powder also. The possibilities are endless.

ETA: as for a brand that doesn't taste like "butt", I've heard good things about Optimum Nutrition whey protein. I personally use Body Fortress because it's cheap (lol) and doesn't taste too bad. Hopefully i'll be switching to Trutein soon, though.
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I get the EAS carb control, chocolate flavored. I also use Trader Joes Whey protein, and put it in almond milk. Pretty good stuff
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really liked the carb control premixed ones, it's just the powder I didn't like!
  • DaveInSoCal
    DaveInSoCal Posts: 12
    Options
    I mix it in to smoothies with Ice, vanilla yogurt, banana, strawberries and a little skim milk. Pretty filling and good actually..
  • surromom2010
    Options
    Never tried that brand, but there are ways you can doctor it up. I like to add sugar free pudding mix (many different flavors to choose from), peanut butter (Or PB2), or frozen fruits to mine. Also, you can cook with protein powder also. The possibilities are endless

Where do you get pb2, I've seen a lot of people talk about it but I've never seen it in stores. I would like to try it I love peanut butter.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Never tried that brand, but there are ways you can doctor it up. I like to add sugar free pudding mix (many different flavors to choose from), peanut butter (Or PB2), or frozen fruits to mine. Also, you can cook with protein powder also. The possibilities are endless

Where do you get pb2, I've seen a lot of people talk about it but I've never seen it in stores. I would like to try it I love peanut butter.

Do you have a Kroger near you? That's the only place that I know of. Pretty sure you can order it off the Bell Plantation website or Amazon, also.
  • JakeHoyes
    JakeHoyes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GNC also carries it
  • surromom2010
    Options

Do you have a Kroger near you? That's the only place that I know of. Pretty sure you can order it off the Bell Plantation website or Amazon, also.

We have a Jayc which carries some Kroger brands and you can use your Kroger card there, I've only been there once so I never thought to look there. I'm going there next Friday to pick up my son's birthday cake so I'll check. Thank you!
  • cheita69
    cheita69 Posts: 1
    Options
    I buy Andrew Lessman from home. Shopping Network, it has tons of vitamins. It is called Secure meal replacement, you can mix it with water or milk. I buy the chocolate,vanella and coffee.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I personally like Body Fortress! Very good taste!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I get the EAS carb control, chocolate flavored. I also use Trader Joes Whey protein, and put it in almond milk. Pretty good stuff
    I use Trader Joe's vanilla too & LOVE it! Sometimes I even just put in a couple spoonfuls into half a water bottle & shake it up & it's even good that way too!
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I bought Trader Joe's chocolate flavored whey protein...I mix it with almond milk and some frozen raspberries. Its pretty legit.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Try Sunwarrior's Warrior Protein. Its a all natural vegan, gluten free blend of Cranberry, pea, hemp, and one other plant based protein. Comes in Vanilla & Chocolate. It has the full spectrum of amino acids and is very affordable. 15 grams of protein per serving and around 80 calories.