Looking for a weight loss buddy....:-)

Options
Hello I'm new im 29 mother of three.....and need to loose 30lbs Im looking for a friend to loose weight with.
I'm overwhelmed at all of the different diets and not sure where to start.
Its all so overwhelming. But I'm ready for change:-) positive change.

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, You can reach your goals. A friend request has been sent.
    I am Yvette and I am 24 yrs old. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 166 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 16 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
  • Kadynewgard
    Options
    Hi Yvette,
    My name is Kady and I will be 28 on the 18th o :
    I just started using this weight loss program about a week ago and I find it incredibly helpful.
    My weight has been gradually increasing over the years and I'm working really hard to get back into shape before my husband comes home in October. (he's in the navy)
    Over the last month I have lost 9 lbs. I have been running and walking constantly and to stay motivated I have signed up for a bunch of races in my area. I live in Washington state and have signed up to do the Sage rat 12 K and 15 k, some half marathon here in Port Angeles, (it's in June and i'm not prepared), the Rock and Roll half marathon in Seattle, (it's at the end of June so I think I'll be ready), and some other really fun cool races. I'm having a very difficult time finding someone to train with, and as you're looking for a weight loss buddy it might be cool if we could encourage each other to stay on track.
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Stacy a mother of 2 who works a full time job 9 1/2 hours a day I start most days off at 3 am I struggle a lot staying on track ... Sending friend request =)
  • vnara01
    vnara01 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello Yvette, Stacy ans Kady.
    I'm so excited, scared and unsure on where to start.....
    But I know I'm ready.
    My name is Victoria I am a mother of three incredible little boys have an amazing bf.
    Although my bf isn't into weight loss himself but he is very supportive.
    I am a 5th grade elementary teacher.....
    I have been trying to stay active I have been doing something different every day bike ride, zumba, walk, run, 5 or 10 min of exercise.
    I been trying to make healthy choices when it comes to food.
    Most of the time I skip breakfast. Never snack and always eat lunch and dinner.
    I need to make some food changes to be successful.
    I love watching Dr.oz there is so much and I'm overwhelmed at all of the diets and supplements he has on his show.
    I hate weighing myself.

Victoria
    Weighing myself.....it seems like the scale never chqnges .
  • ccd1688
    ccd1688 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this as of tonight. Looking for friends to help me through my weight lose as well. I am a father of 3 little ones and work long shifts and have little time in the day for myself. It sounds like alot of us have the same challenges. Feel free to add me as a friend. Would love the support.
  • ErinEwalani
    ErinEwalani Posts: 16
    Options
    Checking in everyday helped me the first time I was here, I hope with help I can stick with it this time! Friend request sent :)
  • royvor
    Options
    Hi Victoria,

I am also a teacher and know how hectic it is.
    I applaud you for taking the right steps. I see you know you have to stay active and you are doing well in changing up your workouts to keep your body guessing.
    I felt overwhelmed to at the beginning. Again remember we have learned behaviors and we need to replace them by doing a procedure/routine over and over for practice makes permanent/perfect some may say.
    Also start small. I say tackle the problem of your skipping breakfast by setting a SMART Goal. Say for 2 days out of the week I will eat an oatmeal. Prep it the night before pop it in the fridge with your measured oats, cut up fruit, cinnanmon, sweetner you use. then in the morning you take it out pour water/milk in the micro and in minutes you have your breakfast. You can do it, it just a matter of starting small. Then you takle the next thing.

My tips are to start small. Set a goal. Like this Monday- Sunday You comit to working out 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Then once that becomes a habit. Add in a new habit. Next week I will still workout for 3 times a week but wake up 15 min early to pack my lunch early in the morning and cook my breakfast. I used to skip meals now I make sure to cook my breakfast and pack my lunch because I would get home after work then binge and over eat becuase I was starving. It all about building good habits and replacing the old ones with time. Start small. Also I measure out my portions. I don't count calories. I just mentally am aware of I have to eat 3 meals and two snacks.

AS far as my eating that was the hardest thing to conquer and over come, and still is more difficult.
    I eat basically the same thing in the morning everyday. 2 egg omlet that I load up with veggies and 1/2 cup of frijoles/beans. or I make protein pancakes.
    Then for lunch I switched from 2% milk to Almond milk because it has less calories and I eat 1 cup of Special K Almond Vanilla or Pecan Cinnamon ceareal for lunch,
    My snacks are either a grapefruit, a cheese sring, some light and fit vanilla yogurt, almonds, cottage cheese, I love peanut butter so I eat the substitute of it which is a powder called PB2.
    Dinner I eat lots of protein, tuna, or chiken and brown rice with non fat greek yogurt becuase I swaped Mayo for that taste just like sour cream.

I hope these tips help.
  • vnara01
    vnara01 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Victoria,

I applaud you for taking the right steps. I see you know you have to stay active and you are doing well in changing up your workouts to keep your body guessing.
    I felt overwhelmed to at the beginning. Again remember we have learned behaviors and we need to replace them by doing a procedure/routine over and over for practice makes permanent/perfect some may say.
    Also start small. I say tackle the problem of your skipping breakfast by setting a SMART Goal. Say for 2 days out of the week I will eat an oatmeal. Prep it the night before pop it in the fridge with your measured oats, cut up fruit, cinnanmon, sweetner you use. then in the morning you take it out pour water/milk in the micro and in minutes you have your breakfast. You can do it, it just a matter of starting small. Then you takle the next thing.

Yay! I found my match lol.....UK
    You are so helpful!
    I'm so much more excited to start this new me!
    I noticed the frijoles.....in ur post....
    Do u also teach Spanish?
    What grade do u teach?
    Where r u from?
    And before I forget....thanks for the great advice!

My tips are to start small. Set a goal. Like this Monday- Sunday You comit to working out 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Then once that becomes a habit. Add in a new habit. Next week I will still workout for 3 times a week but wake up 15 min early to pack my lunch early in the morning and cook my breakfast. I used to skip meals now I make sure to cook my breakfast and pack my lunch because I would get home after work then binge and over eat becuase I was starving. It all about building good habits and replacing the old ones with time. Start small. Also I measure out my portions. I don't count calories. I just mentally am aware of I have to eat 3 meals and two snacks.

AS far as my eating that was the hardest thing to conquer and over come, and still is more difficult.
    I eat basically the same thing in the morning everyday. 2 egg omlet that I load up with veggies and 1/2 cup of frijoles/beans. or I make protein pancakes.
    Then for lunch I switched from 2% milk to Almond milk because it has less calories and I eat 1 cup of Special K Almond Vanilla or Pecan Cinnamon ceareal for lunch,
    My snacks are either a grapefruit, a cheese sring, some light and fit vanilla yogurt, almonds, cottage cheese, I love peanut butter so I eat the substitute of it which is a powder called PB2.
    Dinner I eat lots of protein, tuna, or chiken and brown rice with non fat greek yogurt becuase I swaped Mayo for that taste just like sour cream.

I hope these tips help.
  • royvor
    Options
    Hi Victoria,

Yay! I found my match lol.....UK
    You are so helpful!
    I'm so much more excited to start this new me!
    I noticed the frijoles.....in ur post....
    Do u also teach Spanish?
    What grade do u teach?
    Where r u from?
    And before I forget....thanks for the great advice!

I hope these tips help.

Yout welcome.
    I want to share what has worked. I know that everybody is different and what works for some, might not work for others, but we can try what others do and try to make it if not change it to make it work and fit our journey.

I teach 1st graders. I also love my job, my kids this year have been amazing. This is my second year so I am pretty new at teaching. I live in Arizona and speack Spanish and want to not forget it so I try to talk it and write it once in a while. I love finding teachers on the journey too helps to know we are not alone.
  • teaerratirado
    Options
    Hey Everybody, I'm Teaerra and right now im in a dump ! I keep saying I want to lose this weight but everytime I get motivated I lose it just as fast as it came ! before I had my son I weighed 167 im currently at 284 lbs and im 5'7. I dont want to keep looking like this but I cant seem to figure out what is right for me. Ive tried the gym,the no carbs,the dieting butt it just doesnt work. I had a work out buddy (my cousin in-law ) but that didnt work out to well because she has already lost 27lbs and is on an everyday schedule and im not up their with her just yet. Like the running on the treadmill and things. I cant finish a spinning class and I cant even finish Zumba ! I need help but I dont know how to get it.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody, I'm Teaerra and right now im in a dump ! I keep saying I want to lose this weight but everytime I get motivated I lose it just as fast as it came ! before I had my son I weighed 167 im currently at 284 lbs and im 5'7. I dont want to keep looking like this but I cant seem to figure out what is right for me. Ive tried the gym,the no carbs,the dieting butt it just doesnt work. I had a work out buddy (my cousin in-law ) but that didnt work out to well because she has already lost 27lbs and is on an everyday schedule and im not up their with her just yet. Like the running on the treadmill and things. I cant finish a spinning class and I cant even finish Zumba ! I need help but I dont know how to get it.

Hi! I hear a little frustration there. Remember that this is NOT a race and it's all about you. Don't focus on what you looked like before you had your child (I've had three, so I DO understand), but find something, anything that you like about yourself NOW and start from there. You really need to take it one day at a time as this is a transformation process and you need to find out what works for you. Force yourself into making changes you can live with -- it doesn't have to be a drastic overhaul -- and stick with it for a while until you feel comfortable and then make some more adjustments. It just takes some time getting used to. As for Zumba, I couldn't complete the 20 minute express at the beginning of March and now I can do both the Zumba Sculpt and Tone video and the Cardio Party video. I'm much older than you are, I only stopped smoking in March, I've got three spinal hernias, three kids, I'm studying for a uni degree AND I work full time. So, if I can get things done, I'm sure you can too! All it takes is getting started. Log on, ask for support, count your calories and GET UP AND MOVE! Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    To any lady who wants some extra support and motivation, feel free to send me a request. We all can help each other. :smile:
  • jennymarie1223
    Options
    Hey! I'm Jenny, I will be 18 on the 23rd and am really looking for a weightloss buddy to help me loose these pesky 30lbs that cling on to my body. I am determined to lose it before I go to college, so I will already be on my way to a healthy lifestyle and won't have to be even more concerned about gaining another 15lbs my freshman year of college.

I would love to be friends with someone who is also on their journey to become healthier and shed a few pounds. Someone who I can share recipes with, talk with about our cravings during the day, how we overcame them, and someone to talk to and communicate with through out life changing journeys.

If you want to be my weightloss buddy just add me and message me. "weightloss buddy!" :)
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah a fellow teacher and newby!
    We can make it as long as we are sticking together. I see it as a chang in lifestyle, not a diet.
    Let's do this! :D
  • knichole288
    knichole288 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Nichole and I am looking for a weight loss buddy/support group as well. I have been graudally gaining weight over the last two years, and was diagnosed with hypothyroid last year. I believed once I had the medicine my weight would stabilize, but I was wrong. 135 pounds later, I have come to the conclusion that I have to suck it up and accept my new metabolism and I'm determined to feel like my old self. I am 25, a mother of a wonderful 5 year old, and currently back in school preparing for what I hope is medical school so I am very busy but thats not stopping me. I have been going strong for only a week, but with me getting back on the horse and staying on is half the battle. I gravitate towards healthy foods and before my depression over my weight gain I took joy in being a health nut. I'm working out on a consistent basis and tracking my food but friends in this battle would be appreciated!