Kind of embarrassing but here goes - before and after!

Options
seif0068
seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
Please excuse the fact that I missed the memo about smiling in the AFTER photo and looking miserable in the BEFORE picture. I'm rocking the deer-in-headlights look but that's ok. :) Also excuse the massive pile of laundry on the couch - at least my boyfriend was considerate enough to dump it there instead of on the bed like normal!

53c7c98b-885e-492e-bf0a-a9046580c66d.jpg

9176802a-8ef5-4cb6-b9b5-2e987b18451f.jpg

916a7a4a-4e6b-4843-bf46-f5e0d02e14c1.jpg

Eight months after first logging onto MFP (with over 250 straight days of logging), I have reached my goal weight! Now that the weight is off, I want to turn my efforts to getting in better shape.

I'd say 75% of my success has come purely from logging my foods, which has helped me incorporate portion control and balance into my diet and to make healthier food choices.

In January, I decided to get back into running (I did a few 5k's a couple years ago and hadn't run much since). I did a 10k in April, had my best 5k time a few weeks later, and am currently up to 9 miles in my training for a HALF MARATHON on my 29th birthday (next month)!!!! After that, I want to give Insanity a try though I want to continue running.

I won't say it was *easy* to lose this weight but what I will say is that (because I don't have any other health/metabolism issues to make things more complicated), the basic formula works. I was pretty darn good about logging all my foods, stayed pretty close to my calorie goals, and lost weight fairly consistently at the pace I expected based on my goals and calories. I had a couple of "plateaus" and then adjusted calories or went over for a couple days and then got back to normal, and that seemed to get things moving again.

Some stats:

Height: 5'7"

SW: 175
CW: 145

Starting waist: 34
Current waist: 29

Starting hips: 44
Current hips: 39

Starting thigh: 26
Current thigh: 23

Starting pant size: 12
Current pant size: 6

Even more importantly, I had my annual physical and labs and went from having slightly elevated blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol to being in the "perfect" range for blood pressure and blood sugar and the "best cholesterol I've ever seen" category (according to my doctor who literally yelled out loud when she saw my results). She said I have added years to my life by making these changes!

Looking at these comparison photos was the first time that I really saw how dramatic the change has been. I am so proud of myself for doing this and determined to keep this weight off. I have truly approached this as a lifestyle change and I do plan to continue logging indefinitely so that things don't get out of hand.

I hope this is helpful to someone!

Replies

• seif0068
    Options
    *sigh*

Ok, good people of MFP. How do I fix the pictures?
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    u look amazing!! where are the after pics?? confused
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to fix pics on here either... but the one "after" that I can see is GREAT!! good job!
  • seif0068
    Options
    Think I got them fixed, sorry about that!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Holy moley!

Great job!!!
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    super job!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You have done great. Congratulations. You look fantastic.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just that 30 Pounds made a Whale of a Difference!! The Lab Numbers are something to be Proud of too!! That is an INCREDIBLE Change in a relatively short period of time.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And I bet you feel good too.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You know you've done a great job when you're willing to post before and after pics on here! Congrats!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You can tell the big difference on the front shot.
  • seif0068
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Somehow posting these for strangers (who are super supportive) is a little less embarrassing than if people I knew saw them. Plus, these before and after posts by others have been a huge inspiration to me!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    you look great. thanks for letting us know how you did it.
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I am much older than you - 50! But my height and starting weight are similar. So I am totally motivated my seeing your success. Congratulations! You look fantastic. I'm halfway there so feeling like I'll do it too.

I LOVE MFP success stories!

Well done.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Please excuse the fact that I missed the memo about smiling in the AFTER photo and looking miserable in the BEFORE picture. I'm rocking the deer-in-headlights look but that's ok. :) Also excuse the massive pile of laundry on the couch - at least my boyfriend was considerate enough to dump it there instead of on the bed like normal!

53c7c98b-885e-492e-bf0a-a9046580c66d.jpg

9176802a-8ef5-4cb6-b9b5-2e987b18451f.jpg

916a7a4a-4e6b-4843-bf46-f5e0d02e14c1.jpg

Eight months after first logging onto MFP (with over 250 straight days of logging), I have reached my goal weight! Now that the weight is off, I want to turn my efforts to getting in better shape.

I'd say 75% of my success has come purely from logging my foods, which has helped me incorporate portion control and balance into my diet and to make healthier food choices.

In January, I decided to get back into running (I did a few 5k's a couple years ago and hadn't run much since). I did a 10k in April, had my best 5k time a few weeks later, and am currently up to 9 miles in my training for a HALF MARATHON on my 29th birthday (next month)!!!! After that, I want to give Insanity a try though I want to continue running.

I won't say it was *easy* to lose this weight but what I will say is that (because I don't have any other health/metabolism issues to make things more complicated), the basic formula works. I was pretty darn good about logging all my foods, stayed pretty close to my calorie goals, and lost weight fairly consistently at the pace I expected based on my goals and calories. I had a couple of "plateaus" and then adjusted calories or went over for a couple days and then got back to normal, and that seemed to get things moving again.

Some stats:

Height: 5'7"

SW: 175
    CW: 145

Starting waist: 34
    Current waist: 29

Starting hips: 44
    Current hips: 39

Starting thigh: 26
    Current thigh: 23

Starting pant size: 12
    Current pant size: 6

Even more importantly, I had my annual physical and labs and went from having slightly elevated blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol to being in the "perfect" range for blood pressure and blood sugar and the "best cholesterol I've ever seen" category (according to my doctor who literally yelled out loud when she saw my results). She said I have added years to my life by making these changes!

Looking at these comparison photos was the first time that I really saw how dramatic the change has been. I am so proud of myself for doing this and determined to keep this weight off. I have truly approached this as a lifestyle change and I do plan to continue logging indefinitely so that things don't get out of hand.

I hope this is helpful to someone!

First of all, AWESOME JOB!! Thank you for the detail on your weightloss journey! I also find it interesting because my current weight and measurements are about the same as when you started, but I'm at 190 lbs right now.. I wonder why that is.. Hmmm.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There is NO need to be embarrassed - you've done an AMAZING job and you look FANTASTIC! :)
  • seif0068
    Options
    Tcraw15, how tall are you? I find it so interesting how different body shapes store the weight differently. As you can see in the front view, I lost a lot in my boobsand upper chest/back area but am still holding onto some belly and thigh fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!