30 Day Shred Starting in August!

Options
13»

Replies

• sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I'm in too! I love 30DS and can't wait to get started again......Pinkandloopy, I am from England too!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I want to do the 30 day shred so I can hopefully start losing inches. I am excited that so many people are on board. I want to try to do it 3 days a week. Do you think that's good or should I be doing more? how many days a week do you guys plan to do it?
  • starry_eyed
    Options
    wow, this is perfect. i just joined the site today and i had planned on doing the 30 day shred starting tomorrow anyways! i started it a few weeks ago but skipped so many days that i became really unmotivated. it's difficult but i think it'll definitely be worth it. i'm glad i'll have people to share it with!
  • jessiemcc
    jessiemcc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I've had 30DS for a while and it's been a long time since I popped it in and worked out. It'll be tough, but I need the motivation!!
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Already have the DVD, So I'll give it a try.
  • Bourgel
    Bourgel Posts: 4
    Options
    I am going to do it too!! Yay Jillian Michaels!!!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I started already but I really wanted to throw this in for people that haven't worked out to the shred yet, do a bit more warm-ups than what Jillian gives you. It will make such a difference in the soreness. Especially if you are really out of shape like me. After my first day I woke up and I literally couldn't get my knees to bend. I had to walk around like a zombie/Frankenstein's monster for the day. Then I warmed up a bit more the next time I did it and I made it through with a lot less soreness afterward.

It's just a tiny handy tip I wish someone would have given me.

This workout is so worth it and I wish you all lots of luck!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Day 1 of my 30 day shred:
    I was going to start tomorrow on the 1st, but I usually have Sunday as an off day or a nonstructural workout day. I survived the first session. It was tough, but I know this is something that I can stick with. Especially with everyone's help. I am doing it on exercisetv, so I only have level 1. If I like it in the next few weeks, I will go out to wal-mart to purchase it like people on here suggested.
    On average, how long do you stay on each level? I guess if I feel comfortable doing level 1 for a few weeks, I will be ready to move up to level 2, but only level 1 is on exercisetv.
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • breakthestage
    Options
    Generally speaking, people do Level 1 for ten days, Level 2 for ten days, and Level 3 for ten days. But if you don't feel you're ready to move to the next level by that time, you don't have to, of course. Move at your own pace. :)
  • PalomaRose
    Options
    Yep I am gonna do this too!
  • doccaroo
    doccaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    I just found this site through my iPhone app last night. I love it. Count me in for the challenge and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Wendy
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Remember to head over to the new thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109898-august-shredheads-30-day-shred-8-1-8-30 To tell us all about your first day!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    GOOOODDDD MORNING!!!! I started 30 day shred level1 day 1 THIS morning!!! i previewed it last night, and thought to myself, that looks easy, maybe I'll have to start with Level 2 BOY OH BOY was I WRONG. Level1 Day 1 Kicked my butt (Litterly HAHAAHA) But got it done!! I'm also, doing day one of Making the Cut, this afternoon, it is also one of Jillians programs!!!! Lets work it out!!!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Day 2 of Shred...I survived. My arms are still a little sore. Those push ups let me know just how weak I am. But I cannot wait to see my progress as I continue with the program. I'm going to finish what I start with the help of this thread. I read how a lot of people have the dvd and never stuck with it. I know its tough, but I cannot wait to start seeing and feeling the results. That will definitely motivate me to continue.
  • SilverRoxy
    Options
    Hey all!!

I was away this weekend and feel awful....all the sodium, etc. I'm actually looking forward to going home and shredding!!! Have a great day everyone.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    SilverRoxy, did you get your shred on? Today was day 3 for me. I feel great, I won't say its getting easier, but I love how it makes me feel. I still have a hard time with the push ups, but I can pretty much do the rest. The side lunge with arm raises are hard, I only use 5 pound weights, does anyone else have that problem? My upper body is really weak, I really look forward to gaining strength in my arms. I'm surprised no one has been on the thread for 3 days, I hope everyone is keeping up with the program. Pop in to say how your progress is going, I need the support.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    SilverRoxy, did you get your shred on? Today was day 3 for me. I feel great, I won't say its getting easier, but I love how it makes me feel. I still have a hard time with the push ups, but I can pretty much do the rest. The side lunge with arm raises are hard, I only use 5 pound weights, does anyone else have that problem? My upper body is really weak, I really look forward to gaining strength in my arms. I'm surprised no one has been on the thread for 3 days, I hope everyone is keeping up with the program. Pop in to say how your progress is going, I need the support.

Everyone's moved over to this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109898-august-shredheads-30-day-shred-8-1-8-30
    We're all keeping each other updated and motivated there. Hope you'll join us!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I took Wed and Thurs off cause I was sick, picked it back up yesterday and back at again tonight. hope all is going well with everyone else
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have done the shred a total of 7 times, but I took last night off. I will be back at it tonight. Glad you are better Sassy