Worried about accuracy

Options
Hello. I have used myfitnesspal before and then stopped. I looked into a couple of other website like it and they all gave me different counts for average calories a day. This site allows me the lowest amount. They also log in certain exercises differently. I am just worried about making sure that I use the most accurate site. Anyone have any thoughts?

Replies

• Zborni4
    Zborni4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have used myfitnesspal before and then stopped. I looked into a couple of other website like it and they all gave me different counts for average calories a day. This site allows me the lowest amount. They also log in certain exercises differently. I am just worried about making sure that I use the most accurate site. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    There is just no way to get a completely accurate picture unless you have metabolic testing done and use a HRM and know your fitness level and measure all food to the last ounce and post every calorie you put in your mouth....see the problem? there are just too many variables...

best way to do it is just use your best judgement and round down on exercise and up on calories!! I hate to say it but without lots of testing you cannot worry about 50 calories here or there when it is the total of 3500 calorie deficit that equates to a 1lb loss.
  • karilynn
    karilynn Posts: 87
    Options
    all i have to say is...this site worked for me!! accurate or not, it taught me the importance of portions, healthy choiices, delicous recipes and awesome support. to me that sounds like an accurate website! cheers everyone.