Do you have a funny body shape?

Options
nkb617
nkb617 Posts: 10 Member
So, I was wondering if there would ever be a day where my apple shaped body would turn into an either balanced shape or a pear shape - all my weight is in my arms and back, and I have no butt whatsoever! Dresses always have to be bigger because my upper body doesn't conform to my lower body. I also wonder if anyone else has this issue of having a long torso, so that when you try on clothes, your boobs are where the waist is supposed to be? Anyone know of places to shop where they address this issue?

Thanks and good luck today?

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem of long legs and a short torso. Pants are hard to look right in
  • johnsonmagg
    johnsonmagg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I FEEL THE SAME EVERYBODY SAID YOU DON'T HAVE NO BUTT !!!
    BUT I BIG UPPER BODY LOWER BODY SMALL MY FREIND
    SAID I AM SHAPE LIKE A BOX I HATE THAT CLOTHES FIT BAD 2X TOP
    6 PANTS :huh:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I'm shaped like a rhombus.
  • nkb617
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I agree, it sucks when your clothes don't match sizes - but I have had friends that have lost a lot of weight, and they still have the same body shape, so I guess I need to work on accepting and loving it.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the right side of my body has slightly more fat than the left. I hate it.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm basically a rectangle with boobs. No butt, no hips and linebacker shoulders. Always been this shape. Don't lift weights because when I do I look even more like a man LOL
  • hardlyhappenstance
    Options
    I'll give you one..

5' 1"

No waist, because i'm too short!

When I'm sitting and I laugh, sometimes my ribs rub my hip bone!

I have an S-curve, Scotty-Dog Scoliosis, so my right shoulder is 1 1/2 inches lower than my left.

I carry ALL of my weight in my butt and thighs.

My bra size is 30A.

Try fitting that! All the petite clothes are for old ladies and all the normal clothes are too long and my chest is too flat and my booty too big and my shoulder too lopsided to fit most dresses; it's like hitting the lottery to find a dress that fits well and it's usually because of adjustable straps or a fabric with good stretch.

We ALL have weird bodies, I think, lol.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I too have a funny shape, however, it's most prominent when I'm overweight.
    As I continue to lose, I become more proportionate, less apple and more pear.

I'm of teeny frame, so my shape is overly exaggerated at my current weight for my height.
    As I'm sure everyone's different, it's very possible that depending on how you carry weight, you could well find yourself proportionate once all is said and done.

At least, that's where I hope to be in a couple of months :drinker:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i actually have a very weird body shape. I have to maintain a very slender figure in order to look good, my hips are very big and when i gain weight it all goes to my hips, butt and inner thighs, while my arms, calves and boobs always stay skinny and small.
    when i am at the weight that doctors would recommend for my height (5'8") i look very awkward.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I assume so. At least I think that's why everyone points and laughs when I walk down the street.
  • SukieCookie
    SukieCookie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have really short legs (I'm 5'8 with a 29" inside leg!) but a long torso. Sadly all my weight goes to my lower half so I have jumbo thighs with a small waist so I always have to wear a belt as I have to buy bigger trousers to fit my thighs! :(
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    i have very wide hips and i go agaisnt things when i walk cos i underrestimate how wide they are LOL
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Also, as I'm losing weight slowly right now, it appears I've lost from my arms and upper body, my butt, thighs and legs, however, my middle is diminishing at a vastly slower rate.

4 wks ago, I was a very round apple, today I am a somewhat normal sized person looking into a funhouse mirror. My middle is 1" larger than my hips :sad: I'm hoping this is just an awkward stage and I'll progress past this point very very very soon :grumble:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem of long legs and a short torso. Pants are hard to look right in

THIS. I'm 5'11, have a 37" inseam and have the torso of someone 5'3. My 5'4" mother has a longer torso than me. I can't wear my shirt tucked in or wear a belt, ever.
  • nkb617
    Options
    Wow! The message that I am getting is that once we get to our goal/proportionate weight, then our bodies will try to balance out as much as possible - and it's encouraging to see that it shows up once you're diligent with the weight loss. I know that Old Navy and Land's End makes some clothes but it's still a hit or miss for me!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I assume I have a funny body shape because people laugh when I take my shirt off.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I generally am fairly lucky with a natural hourglass shape. HOWEVER, I do have a natural muffin top. It's very odd, but if I am standing there butt naked, I have a muffin top. I HATE it!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You tell me.

208675_587170251295957_1241228147_n_zps6881f510.png

I'm just the classic pear shape I suppose.
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a long everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything. I am 6'3 with a 36" inseam, long torso, long arms, long feet, long fingers..........the list is endless. I can never find shirts that are long enough and when i wash them once, they're even shorter. I have tried multiple pants, but when I bend over, the moon wants to shine out the top of my pants (hence when I like to find longer shirts.) I will tuck my shirt in, but it just comes untucked because there is hardly anything to tuck. I don't wear dresses because they are too short most of them time. Plus, with a majority of my weight in my hips and butt and thighs, I feel like I am shaped like a christmas tree and look HUGE. My wedding dress was full length gown, supposed to cover my feet, but for me it was a "ball gown" because it stopped at my ankles.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have no waist, it is only about 4 inches smaller than my hips. I could weigh 100lbs and the Navy body fat calculator would probably still consider me obese because of my lack of a waist. I weigh 134, with a body fat of over 31% according to them. The calculators that don't measure your waist I have a 21% body fat.