i know they say stomach fat is last to go but come on!

Options

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm having exactly the same frustration right now. Loving the changes to 90% of my body, but the reason I started this weight loss/lifestyle change was to ditch the pooch. I tell myself, and others, that the belly is the last and most stubborn part to go, but you've just got to keep going!

Good luck!!
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    25 year old Female
    5'6
    SW: 157
    CW: 134
    GW: 124
    Daily calories 1400
    x4 exercise classes per week; body pump, spinning, kettlebell and body step (plus 30 day shred dvd done at home)

My stomach fat will not budge, i know they say it's patience and usually the last to go but i'm getting really fed up and worried that i'm going to have it forever (my dad has a large belly too)

my top half from my boobs upwards is great, i have the nice new lovely slim and toned arms, i can see my colar bone and shoulders and i like what i see there, my face is nice and slim, the bottom part of my legs are nice but my inner thigh is still quite flabby and my behind needs a little bit more work but my belly!!

I've never had a flat tummy, since i can remember when i was young i have always hidden it away because of the rolls of fat and the size of it and the podge is still there.

From the back i look slim and in good shape, from the front, i look pregnant.

Did i just need to carry on doing what i am doing and it will eventually come off or will i always be stuck with this? it's because i've never known for it be flat i'm scared it never will be and quite frankly, i do not have the money for surgery!

Same with me! I always had to suck in my tummy despite being 5'6" and around 145lbs. I had to get down to 112lbs before my stomach was truly flat but if I ate anything it pooched out and I looked preggers. So frustrating! I think it would have helped it if I didn't stop doing core work and lifting (i started doing cardio exclusively) because I had quite nice abs before that point, although you could only see them when I was sucking in. I ate clean and everything. But like I said, I think developing the muscles will help because they help pull your gut in. GL!
  • ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've cut back my carbs and the first thing to go is my stomach - I'll take it because it's seemed like I was loosing weight from the weirdest places...my feet, my wrist, my ankles! I carry weight in my thighs, butt, & stomach.

Try low carb for a week or 2....might make all the difference in the world. I'm loving my results so far, and it's only Day 5 - down 6 pounds, noticeably from my stomach.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess its different for everybody, I generally lose in my stomach area first and my butt and thighs are the last to go. Im having that issue right now. Everything fits loose in the waist and still tight around the thigh area.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I Agree low carbs is the way to go.
    BUT
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have been working with a trainer for a while now and the one thing that he has stated is to lower the carbs in my diet and that losing this last bit of body fat will get me the stomach that I want. I have found that the stomach and thighs are the last areas to budge though. Good luck with this.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    are you certain it's all fat? mobile, wobbly, just under the skin?

sometimes a distended abdomen is a symptom of a health issue.

^^^This! I had this same problem. I used to do lots of core work, eating clean, etc. and it seemed like my belly would not go anywhere no matter how hard I tried. I always had a pudgy belly too, but for some reason it would not go down. Turns out, I had fluid in my belly and the fluid distended my stomach which is why no ab/core workouts or diet would help. I didn't have belly pain or anything either, just this fluid that eventually turned out to be endometriosis.
  • cftodd
    cftodd Posts: 2
    Options
    If you have ruled out medical reasons then I suggest doing a cleanse. That is what started getting my belly to shrink. I did the master cleanse for 10 days. Very hard to complete (day 1-3 are the worst) but worth it.
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm havimg same issue. I have lost 47 lbs so far, and I can tell it everywhere, but my stomach not so much. I know it will come,but when??
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. The only way I can lose it is to watch my diet carefully by eliminating processed sugars and consume lower processed carbs. But it's still the last to go.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    If you have ruled out medical reasons then I suggest doing a cleanse. That is what started getting my belly to shrink. I did the master cleanse for 10 days. Very hard to complete (day 1-3 are the worst) but worth it.

Or drink more water. But hey ... nothing beats a good cleanse :huh:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    doing core resistance, weights and cardio everyday is shifting for me, my hips and below went first when i was going mad on cardio but now gradually tho i dont really notice it by looking ive dropped a couple of cm's off the waist ans clothes look flatter and fit less snug so the cavity is losing mass somewhere :).
    if i suck in i am alot deeper then i was

That took around 6 weeks to really see a difference am eating carbs and proteins so low in both of those isn't the answer for everyone, different body types have different motabolisms and naturally store fat in certain areas moreso for me its the waist, chest and face. still feel bloated and have moobs but there's hope yet, as can you.
    note a less processed foods diet is a must, dont have to "diet" , just eat less then you need to maintain and keep moving
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Lifting is supposed to help reduce stubborn body fat. You can't target where you want to lose it from though so full body stuff will get you there eventually if you stay eating at a deficit.

This^^

You might want to switch out some of that cardio for heavy weights.

My last to go fat seems to be my upper 4 inches of my thighs and and the back side of my hips(the sides and fronts seem to not hold the fat nearly as much)
    My stomach fat is in close running for stubbornness, though.

I am same height and a
    Most same starting weight and current weight.
    I am 41 and my ultimate goal is to be at 23% bodyfat. Not sure how many more pounds that will be, but I don't focus on pounds, just bodyfat% and measurements.

Which I guess, technically my weight IS a measurement, but I meant tape measure to the thighs, waist, hips, etc.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We are the same almost. I am 5'6" & I just weighed in at the Dr's office at 126. I'm slim everywhere but have a minor belly pouch & love handles that jiggle when I jump around. I'm trying to tone it up & get abs but no matter what I do, nothing wants to budge. I'm doing insanity right now & I've been told weight lifting will help me get rid of it but the problem is I can't afford a gym & my highest weights right now are only 8. I'm hoping to find higher weights at a garage sale this summer. You might need to up your calories a bit because I see that you are only about 10 lbs from your goal weight & the last 10 are the hardest to go. Feel free to befriend me & maybe we can help each other.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    25 year old Female
    5'6
    SW: 157
    CW: 134
    GW: 124
    Daily calories 1400
    x4 exercise classes per week; body pump, spinning, kettlebell and body step (plus 30 day shred dvd done at home)

My stomach fat will not budge, i know they say it's patience and usually the last to go but i'm getting really fed up and worried that i'm going to have it forever (my dad has a large belly too)

my top half from my boobs upwards is great, i have the nice new lovely slim and toned arms, i can see my colar bone and shoulders and i like what i see there, my face is nice and slim, the bottom part of my legs are nice but my inner thigh is still quite flabby and my behind needs a little bit more work but my belly!!

I've never had a flat tummy, since i can remember when i was young i have always hidden it away because of the rolls of fat and the size of it and the podge is still there.

From the back i look slim and in good shape, from the front, i look pregnant.

Did i just need to carry on doing what i am doing and it will eventually come off or will i always be stuck with this? it's because i've never known for it be flat i'm scared it never will be and quite frankly, i do not have the money for surgery!

Holy S**t i feel like i wrote that! this is exactly the same as me! xoxoxo
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

No, don't do a cleanse. They are load of crap. You can just not eat for a few days and get the same results and I think that is a horrible idea too. Stubborn fat is just that and we all have it. It's genetics. I had visible abs and 17% bf and I still had 38" hips (fat) and could barely squeeze into a size 4 pant. Consistency, patience, consistency, patience. Did I mention eat the food and lift the things that are heavy? oh and consistency and patience.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    We are the same almost. I am 5'6" & I just weighed in at the Dr's office at 126. I'm slim everywhere but have a minor belly pouch & love handles that jiggle when I jump around. I'm trying to tone it up & get abs but no matter what I do, nothing wants to budge. I'm doing insanity right now & I've been told weight lifting will help me get rid of it but the problem is I can't afford a gym & my highest weights right now are only 8. I'm hoping to find higher weights at a garage sale this summer. You might need to up your calories a bit because I see that you are only about 10 lbs from your goal weight & the last 10 are the hardest to go. Feel free to befriend me & maybe we can help each other.

Got a Kitchen aide mixer? I do. It's 27#s I think.
    Book bag stuffed with college texts?

Weights don't have to be in the shape of dumbbells or weight plates for a bar.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    are you certain it's all fat? mobile, wobbly, just under the skin?

sometimes a distended abdomen is a symptom of a health issue.

I don't have any pains or crampings assosiciated with it, it's just a large fat and flabby tummy that has always been there.

I have the same issue with belly fat. Even though I don't have a lot of pain associated, I am trying a gluten free diet. I am thinking I have a mild gluten allergy that causes swelling. we'll see! I'm only on day 3. :/
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Actually "THEY" say this:

abs-made-in-kitchen-not-gym.jpg