How long did it take you to lose 50lbs???

Options

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It took me 52 weeks to lose 52lbs. I mostly did walking and some JM 30 day shred 4x week.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i just hit my 50 lbs lost mark TODAY! i started at 201 in mid-july, so it has taken me ten months. but i've taken some time off from weight loss mode here and there--like the week of christmas and pretty much the whole month of april (was nursing an injury and also trying to complete many papers and such as i was finishing grad school).

for exercise, i did the couch-to-5k program to start running. i now run a 5k race at least once a month, and do training runs 2-3 times per week. on my non-running days i do a couple circuit training style workout DVDs or this kettlebell routine: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Beginner-Kettlebell-Workout-Kells-Kettlebells-Routine/a7/
    even on my rest days, i try to at least go for a 30 minute walk.

(side note: i encourage everyone to check out fitnessblender.com--LOTS of free workout videos available for all difficulty levels)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing 260 in January 2010 and was 210 in when I joined MFP in March of 2011. I'd actually lost 55-60 pounds (can't remember exactly) in my first year but gained back some of that over the holidays since I stopped tracking and wasn't keeping up with my exercise schedule due to foul winter weather.

I did several things for exercise just as I do today - walked, started running (intervals like C25K), did 30DS, Hip Hop Abs, elliptical, stationary bike, strength training, etc.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    About 8 months - started April 1st at 249, and by New Years I was 199.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hmm...It's taken me about 4 months to lose 20 so I will probably hit 50 in 8 months?
  • Flipflops2004
    Flipflops2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It took me 3.5 months to lose 50 altho im currently at a 58 pd loss that hasnt did anytihng but fluxuate by 5 pounds and this has been 2 months. However, I was on a very high calorie diet and post back surgery so i literally laid on the couch until I got clearance from my doctor. Going from one extreme to another, I dropped 12 pounds my first week of exercising and actually counting calories. I think it depends on your activity level and how much you have to lose as to how fast you can lose it.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    im at 49 pounds and its taken me 8 months
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on Jan 2, 2013. I'm 41 years old, 5'8" and starting weight was 239.8

Today I weighed in at 194.4 I anticipate I'll hit 50 lbs lost by the end of the month/early June.

I set my MFP to lose 1.5 lbs per week, and I try to exercise daily - even if it's only a 20 minute walk. I try to stay within my daily calories, and if I have an over day, then I exercise more on the shoulder days/stay under the weekly calorie total.

For the first 3-4 months my only exercises were brisk treadmill walking while watching tv, and hockey 2-4X per week. As the weight came off, I started swimming. Then the weather got warmer so I could get back out on my bicycle. Now that I've moved into an overweight BMI (out of obese), I have started the C25K program.

My goal is to lose 80 lbs total. And to exercise daily (doing that already!) And to do my first Try-a-Tri in August.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Well, once I lost 100 in 9 months...once I lost 70 in a year...once I lost 50 in a year...This past year I've lost 46. I'm a master loser and a master gainer! LOL! I have 39 left (this time) and don't intend on gaining it back as I have hopefully gotten control (finally) over food instead of the other way around.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    48.5lbs in 21 months... Could have done better, but at least this time I've kept it off! :smokin:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    8 months for 25.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Right around two months, but when I started getting healthy I was 382lbs, so the weight came off much easier when I spent about 2 hours a day in the gym more than half of that being cardio. And I fixed my eating habits all at the same time so the weight came off very quickly.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half. That also includes the times I fell off the wagon and gained some back and had to lose it again
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a couple years now and I'm 3lbs away from losing 50lbs. I've had to take two "breaks" for surgeries.
  • chalfont50
    chalfont50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rockchic......I lost 50lbs in about 8 months. the vast majority of my effort was purely walking for at least an hour a day. To record all my efforts I logged onto runtastic which can access your fitnesspal account and can work out how many calories you have burned and adds the calories gained to your fitnesspal account. I ate all my calories and lost the weight, from 220lbs (15st 10) to 166lbs (11st 12) in nine months. Still watch the calories but once a week I do have a blow out and enjoy all those naughty treats!!! Good luck. Gary.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    54 lbs in 8 months.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The first 50came off in about 5 months but I also had about 100lbs to lose. This next 50 is going to take me much longer.

ETA: I didn't really exercise for the 1st 30 lbs but since then I've started running and do it 3x/week.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32.6lbs in 12 weeks. I should be able to hit my 50lb mark somewhere between the beginning-middle of August which will put me at about 6 months.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    10 months whoop whoop. At that time I was working out at home only, doing exercise bike, workout DVDs (Jillian Michaels, Billy Blanks) and some rollerblading. :smile:
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    18 months---run it off lady!