fun filled run this morning.

Options
perdie7
perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
what a run this morning, first while walking to the trail, I almost got hit by a car backing out of their drive way.

Then while running there was an old man with a "mean looking" dog off to the side of the trail, the dog was growling, hair standing up and crouching ready to attack, I thought if he decided to lunge there is no way that man could hold him. My Golden Lab didn't growl or bark, but he moved to my other side and stayed in-between me and the other dog till we passed.

And to think I almost didn't take my dogs with this morning, I have now decided they will always go.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I hate dogs.

I'd rather cross a snake on my runs than an unleashed dog. :grumble:
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    I never run on dog trails anymore because a woman didn't have her dog on a lead, long story short the dog freaked out because I was running and ran home, the owner was not happy even though I chased the dog all the way back to it's home and tried to get her to go back to her owner... i'm fed up of my stupid neighbours basically! --- when I say chase I mean the dog legged it and I tried to keep up but literally couldn't... I couldn't stop her at this point.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a crazy run. The dog growling thing has happened to me a few times, thankfully I run with dog mace.
    I hope you next few runs are calmer.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I have idiot neighbors who won't keep their dogs leashed (or even monitored). One of them nearly got pasted twice running back and forth across the street during my walk this morning.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have three different trails I can run within, 3/4 mile of my house. they are all used by a lot of people, fortunately I've never had any problems with people or dogs before, everyone is very good. There are some who let their dogs off leash, but they always have had the dog under control and when someone else is coming the put it back on leash. I really do love the tails here.