Break Room Blunders!

Options
I totally just caved into the Dunkin Donuts box in the breakroom and had a jelly donut. :D No shame, I will be doing turbo jam when I get home and I'll work it all off.

What's YOUR worst enemy in the breakroom? Pot luck lunches? Treats? Do tell :)

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    We often get bagels from Big Apple Bagel. They are big, delicious, chewy bagels with cream cheese. D: I will have one eventually, but if I had one every time we got them, there would be an uptrend in weight. xD
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout cookie season is horrible! :tongue:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sweet rolls that are brought in from a local bakery....
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Pizza left over from meetings.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My work caters everyday and good god some of the food is amazing.

What gets me is the soups that are packed with sodium or the cookies/sweet trays. Being in IT everyone brings us their left overs from whatever they ordered.

Most the time I can get a sandwich or a salad which is cool who wouldn't want free lunch but sometimes late at night when those cookies are there and it's just me and one other person I cave and eat 1/2 a cookie.

Worst are when we have the cake trays arg....
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme! Something that delicious has to be bad for you.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Since I stopped eating gluten (due to the awful effects it has on my poor tummy), avoiding things in the break room is really easy!
    I also recently started a job where I only have one coworker, thus there are no massive trays of donuts or bagels or cookies. We go out for lunch once a week and I usually get something healthy, but other than that, we both bring home made lunch with us every day!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    free donut friday
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It's usually not too bad since we have a really small office (there's 12 of us) but whenever the CFO or CEO are in town the admin always brings in coffee cake. I don't know where she gets it but it's amazing and I'm always like NOOOOOOOO when I walk in the kitchen and see it there!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Every week there is usually a meeting in our boardroom. They bring us the left overs. Coffee is alright, cause I can make it MY way.. but the cookies/timbits/muffins... arg!!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    There's another teacher who makes her own summer sausage that is deer meat in all its delicious glory. Very hard to control portion size.
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    I work at a boarding school with an amazing dining hall, my weakness is the vast display of desserts each day. At least 5 kinds of cake/pie are available daily. I've been sticking with fruit, but it's always tempting.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    There's another teacher who makes her own summer sausage that is deer meat in all its delicious glory. Very hard to control portion size.

Oh my lord. That just sounds heavenly. My FIL makes an amazing deer chili with hunks of deer steak and deer sausage... Ground deer meat...Ooooooohhhhh it's so good.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it was cupcakes. These Prairie Girl cupcakes are seriously the BEST things ever. The icing is about 3 inches thick on top. The "regular" sized ones are 670 calories!!! And yes, I caved. :embarassed: