Kind of embarrassing but here goes - before and after!

Options

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look terrific!!! I have very similar stats and you have completely motivated me!!!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Your measurements are almost on point to my measurements which means you've given me hope! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result and very inspirational! Have similar stats to u and now have something to aim for, is not far out of my grasp and your story keeps me going. Thank you.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Holy shizzle .. I would love to look like your before .. lol.

You look absolutely great!!!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!!
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    well done your hard work has paid off for you, you look great and should be very proud of yourself :-)
  • alexalaurel
    alexalaurel Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Your progress is super noticeable. And it's really inspiring for me because my starting stats are very similar. Great work, and a huge congratulations on improving your cholesterol and BP and BG. Woohoo!!
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! You look great & your success is encouraging those of us that have just started!:happy: :smile:
  • m1chaelberry92
    m1chaelberry92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think the "embarrassment" part of the sharing is acutally more of an incentive... Keep up the great work!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    amazing work! congrats on your success!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bump to find again when I can see pix.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great job :drinker:
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wowsers good job! You are around my age (I'm 30 lol). My height. Around my starting weight, and you are shaped just like me. My goal weight was going to be 150, but I'm thinking maybe 145 would look pretty good.

Did you clean up your eating, or just reduce calories? Did you eat back exercise calories?
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    total difference, you should be proud!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Okay, I can see you now. :smile:

Fantastic job! I have about thirteen lbs to go till goal, and I hope I look that terrific when I do! :flowerforyou:
  • runningmcgee
    runningmcgee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job -- and where did you get that bikini? It's adorable!
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wowsers good job! You are around my age (I'm 30 lol). My height. Around my starting weight, and you are shaped just like me. My goal weight was going to be 150, but I'm thinking maybe 145 would look pretty good.

Did you clean up your eating, or just reduce calories? Did you eat back exercise calories?

Thanks! I began with calorie reduction but then moved toward better eating, too. My method pretty much the whole way was to focus on one thing at a time and only add new efforts once I got a handle on things. So to begin, I just got in the habit of logging. Then once I got into the swing of things I started reducing portions a little bit. Then, swapping out lower calorie choices (like apple slices instead of 100 calorie pack cookies), then trying to work on macros, etc. I have tried to eat more "real" food and ditched the low cal diet stuff, with the exception of those Minute Maid 15 calorie drinks and low fat sour cream, cream cheese, etc.

I did eat back exercise calories; set my activity to sedentary and then logged all exercise. I did try to underestimate calorie burns though - at first I used MFP calories burned and then got a HRM but I still log less than what my HRM says. So for example, the other day I ran and my HRM said I burned 500 calories but I only put in 415.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job -- and where did you get that bikini? It's adorable!

Thanks! I got it a few years ago from Victoria's Secret. The top is a little too loose now - worried the clasp will come undone! I bought a new bikini to celebrate. :)
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just started logging this week and I hope I can be as dedicated.

p.s.
    Your doctor's reaction is awesome!
  • betthouston
    betthouston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow- way to go! Awesome story and the results are so wonderful. You worked hard and it paid off in spades. Kudos to you for posting before and after photos (even though your 'before' pic looked good too! No way am I doing before shots in a bikini LOL) The difference in your stats as well as the extra weight are encouraging. :flowerforyou:

I'll be motivated today by your story. One day at a time...

Again, congrats!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!