FitBit, which one?

Options
Hoosier96
Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
Looking to get one and have some questions. Does wearing the bracelet mean you don't also have to clip on the little device? Is it helpful for tracking calories on activity such as strength training or circuit training? Thx in advance!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    The Bodymedia Fit is more accurate. Look at that too.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on what you want the Fitbit to do. The flex seems like you could wear it and not be concerned that you might forget it and put it in the wash by mistake (which a lot of people have done). I don't think it has the extra little perks that the Fitbit one has. Either way, it was worth the money. I find myself walking more as they have reward badges on their site you earn for getting to certain levels. (little pictures, but you find yourself walking more to get one) There is a Fitbit Users Group that you might want to ask this on as well. :smile:
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i have the fitbit one and really like it. i wish it was the flex sometimes so i could just wear it on my wrist, but i like that it keeps me conscious of my TDEE and my steps, daily. and i looooove that i communicates with MFP automatically! i would tell you to check out the other options and compare :) good luck!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The fitbits are not heart rate monitors, so it's not great for strength training, circuit training, power yoga, etc... however I have the FitBit One and I love it. It does keep you motivated and does help in learning what your base burn is.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This review might help simply as it compares two of the FB devices with each other..

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/05/fitbit-flex-review-peer-pressure-sucks/

this one compares the Fb with some other products on the market ...

http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/

Hope it is helpful :) DL
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The fitbits are not heart rate monitors, so it's not great for strength training, circuit training, power yoga, etc... however I have the FitBit One and I love it. It does keep you motivated and does help in learning what your base burn is.
    This... I have an HRM as well that I utilize to more accurately get my calorie burn. I have the One also and it makes me accountable for my steps goal each day!
  • m1chaelberry92
    m1chaelberry92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I actually use the Jawbone UP. It is a bracelet and syncs with MFP. The only downside to the UP is that it does not have Bluetooth support yet. You have to plug it into your smartphone to sync it. Other than that it give me great feedback. I have negative calorie adjustments enabled, so if I am not active enough during the day it will actually lower my calorie target for the day.
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it! But as others have said, it depends on what you want out of a device. The fitbit only tracks steps and sleep.
  • tmgider
    tmgider Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One. Not really interested in the flex. I think wearing it on my arm would lead to inaccurate step counts. My arms move a lot more than my legs. Also like that the One has so many options for where you are able to wear it.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was debating between the fitbit and the Jawbone UP. After reading the above review, I'm going with the Fitbit One.
    I also have a Polar FT7 HRM that I'll use for my swimming, cycling, etc..

:-)
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Bodymedia Fit is more accurate. Look at that too.
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Bodymedia Fit is a great device and does have Bluetooth, but you have to pay a monthly service fee to retrieve and sync the date it collects...... :(