Cereal bar challenge! Show me yours!

Options
Izzwoz
Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
Hey folks!
I have recently started making my own flapjacks/cereal bars as I love the fact I can vary them so much and put in exactly what I want.

I am, however, still struggling to find the perfect combination of taste and calories. My ultimate aim is to create a cereal bar/flapjack snack for around 60-100 cals per bar so it fits in my elevenses or evening snack attack allowance.

So here is your mission, should you accept it:
Give me your favourite recipes, if possible with pic, including nutritional values!!! I know there are loads of options out there, so let's hear it from you!

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Options
    Seriously? Noone out there making their own snack bars?
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Noone out there making their own snack bars?

no, but i am in the middle of formulating my own smoothie meets overnight oats, and i do eat a protein bar every day... so you've got my interest piqued.

i do like making my food.
  • vikdubbs
    vikdubbs Posts: 13
    Options
    I am working on creating some easy protein bars - I have been searching online all morning. There are a ton of recipes that look good. My challenge is what is the best item to use for the protein - peanut butter is the most common but I don't want to use that all the time. I wonder about using a protein powder - how much would you need to add to the recipe so that the bars have a substantial amount of protein?

If you find a good recipe please share. I will do the same!!:smile:
  • Izzwoz
    Options
    Anyone?