Does anybody do this?

Options
When I go over my calories by ALOT, I tend to say to myself, "well you might as well eat a few more cookies, since you already went over your calories today" HAHA!:laugh: I know I can't be the only one who does that. But anyways, I feel like I am sucking at this. Eating healthy is a lot harder than I thought it was. I know that if I can just stick to it, I will feel so much better, but its easier said than done. I have done it a million times, but these past few weeks have been hard. And I can't seem to get myself to go to the gym. I went once last week, and I haven't gone this week yet. I need some kind of motivation to get there, but what??? I need to go at least 3-4 times a week because I am wasting my money and precious time.

Any help here??

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    When I go over my calories by ALOT, I tend to say to myself, "well you might as well eat a few more cookies, since you already went over your calories today" HAHA!:laugh: I know I can't be the only one who does that. But anyways, I feel like I am sucking at this. Eating healthy is a lot harder than I thought it was. I know that if I can just stick to it, I will feel so much better, but its easier said than done. I have done it a million times, but these past few weeks have been hard. And I can't seem to get myself to go to the gym. I went once last week, and I haven't gone this week yet. I need some kind of motivation to get there, but what??? I need to go at least 3-4 times a week because I am wasting my money and precious time.

Any help here??

:heart: Danielle
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have one simple question...

How bad do you want this for yourself??
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    You know what, I ask myself that question all the time. And my boyfriend asks me that too. And to be honest, I don't really know the anwser.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    yep!! i do it when i don't measure my portions and give myself a set amount :wink: its annoying :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    "there are walls between us and our aspirations, not to block our way, but to show us how badly we want it" and right now I'd say the proof is in the pudding (pardon the pun). I did the same in the fall - wavered, didn't really commit, but when I finally started almost 2 weeks ago weighing in at my life's heaviest, I started COMMITTED. You'll find your motivation :wink:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If that's you lounging in your bikini... I think you look great as you are. :ohwell:
  • donna0003
    donna0003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ah yes! I am so there with you. I just started last week, more to track what is going on with my body then an actual diet... but I've gone over everyday. It is very difficult. I read somewhere that it takes six weeks to break a habit. I think my eating style is a habit... I'll have six weeks of difficulty to get healthy, well that's my hope anyway. I find myself shrugging from time to time when I want to eat something I know I shouldn't. You're not alone.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I do this once a week... not to much over maybe 500 or so. I think the most I went over was 1200 and that was the other day cause we went to outback and it was just good food. So it happens, don't feel bad about yourself.
    Get up tomorrow get ya butt in the gym, and do what you know you're suppose to do, but is that you in the bikini as of now? Cause I wouldn't want you to lose to much weight. Being skinny doesn't mean you're healthy..
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My BROTHER plays for the Bears!:happy: Yea GO BEARS<sorry I know it's off topic but I saw her little tracker thing>
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    My BROTHER plays for the Bears!:happy: Yea GO BEARS<sorry I know it's off topic but I saw her little tracker thing>

As long as your brother isn't Rex Grossman that's cool.. If he is, I'm sorry to say this, but advise him to retire!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options

As long as your brother isn't Rex Grossman that's cool.. If he is, I'm sorry to say this, but advise him to retire!
    oh how i wish i could go under her name and say "HE IS :mad: BACK OFF:explode: " lol :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anyone who hasn't been where you are. You stumble and then feel badly and go back to what is comforting and familiar.

The key to success is to learn a new pattern. When you eat something unplanned, immediately go ahead and log it as accurately as you can. Often you will find that it hasn't messed up the day as much as you thought and you can change your plan to accomodate the whoops. It will take the emotion out of it and you'll stop beating yourself up. Even if the food was so high in calories that you can't recover the day log it and do the best you can. Maybe you can do somemore exercise over the next couple of days to compensate. Logging will cause you to handle the problem rather than just go to food for comfort, telling yourself "I'll start again tomorrow".

Do this for yourself! You'll never regret it.
  • kittybellenir
    Options
    NOPE My Brother is The WONDERFUL Dylan Gandy, Look for him on the line this season! GO BEARS!!!!
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    NOPE My Brother is The WONDERFUL Dylan Gandy, Look for him on the line this season! GO BEARS!!!!

He plays for the Broncos. Didn't he just get signed with them either this yr or last yr? Cause I member he played for the Colts when they won the Superbowl against the Bears.
  • kittybellenir
    Options
    Yea, sorry I've been really tired the past few nights, and tonight it hit me at work, her helmet is the bears not the Broncos, So Sorry! I've been a Bears fan since I was a little girl and there was some talk of him going to the Bears shortly after he was released from the colts, but He is a Bronco, still having to adjust to that so GO BRONCOS! and BEARS I love Urlacher!!!!