Dont want to lose weight but want to tone up

Options
Im at my goal weight of 114.8lb, but i need to tone up my stomach. Ive worked out my TDEE is 1811 so is this how many calories i should eat? And whats the best exercises for toning up?

Replies

• phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as a toning exercise.

tone is simply a byproduct of losing fat so muscle underneath shows...

So if you're at a goal weight, you need to reassess what your goals are. Do you need to lose more fat, or do you need to gain more muscle..

Either way, your exercise template will be similar. heavy full body compound resistance training. the only thing that would be different would be if you're losing fat, so you eat at a deficit. Or you are gaining muscle, so you eat at a surplus to gain muscle mass.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    'Toning' I think is all about body composition. I have found that as a rule of thumb my weight is ruled by how much I eat and how much cardio exercise I do (how many calories I burn). But my 'tone' or how good my body looks is dependent on how much strength/resistance training I do, whilst keeping a reasonable calorie intake (TDEE or -10-15% if I'm trying to lose weight but keep 'tone'). Good luck!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been eating at a small deficit while exercising and my body is slowly changing. My weight remains the same but I've lost some cm/inches.
  • KayleighRebecca25
    KayleighRebecca25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well i could do with losing a bit of weight from my stomach, plus i have a bit of excess skin from 2 pregnancies. I used to weigh 107lb and was still in a healthy BMI (im 5'2")
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    check out stronglifts 5x5. I've been doing it for about a month & a half now and it has really helped me. There's a really great women's group on MFP for it so look for that as well for tips. It's a great program and you see results in your strength really quickly