Runners - What Kind of Earbuds do you use?

Options
sweetpea03b
sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
This is REALLY driving me nuts. I like my Apple earbuds the best... they fit in my ears the best. Any others I buy from the store with the longer plastic bit that goes in your ear just fall right out.... the only problem is the apple ones aren't snug enough and while I run they fall out. I recently purchased a pair that had the loop that goes over your ear... but the loop thing is rubber and now that I'm "breaking them in" they fall off too... and its REALLY distracting when I'm trying to run to have to put my ear buds back in 100 times... any suggestions? What do you use that fits in your ear well and stays while you run?

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Most people don't like using neckband headphones, but I use this "Sennheiser PMX 685i In-Ear Neckband Sports Headphones" and regardless if I am running in the rain or doing some crazy workout, they don't move and never short out. I would prefer to have ones that just wrap around my ears, but I have yet to find any that are as good as this set AND fit comfortably without falling out or pinch my ear.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. Best headphones ever. They're basically made for working out.
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use the Jaybird Bluebuds X. Those are awesome. They are cordless, you can take calls if you need too as well. And I can run, jump, do all kinds of things and they fit snug. And the sound quality is just as good as wired.

check them out.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    THIS

• kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I just got these for Mother's Day and they are by far the best I have tried.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want jaybird blubuds but can't justify the $160 price tag so I decided to go with Yurbuds and they do NOT fall out, no way no how. Amazing. I got the ones w/ the volume and track buttons on the cord as well as a microphone for taking calls. They've been on three half marathons so far this year and I have NO complaints.
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want jaybird blubuds but can't justify the $160 price tag so I decided to go with Yurbuds and they do NOT fall out, no way no how. Amazing. I got the ones w/ the volume and track buttons on the cord as well as a microphone for taking calls. They've been on three half marathons so far this year and I have NO complaints.

Yeah the jaybirds are a little more expensive. But they are worth it if you can afford them.

The freedom that I get from using cordless justified the price tag for me. I can never go wired again.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I think I'll check out the Yurbuds... looks like they might work :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I use Yurbuds as well. I don't run, but they stay in during intense jump rope sessions, so I'm pretty sure they'll last in running =)
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I swear by the JVC Marshmallow earbuds. They're $10 at Walmart. You squish the earbud, stick it in your ear, and it expands to fit your ear. They have never fallen out, even in the hottest summer days and I'm covered in sweat.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds. They were cheap, the sound is good, and I don't have issues with them falling out.
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats. They are pricey so other cheaper versions with the similar design is great. They stay on when I run and they mold into your ears so they hold in place. They are also water resistant so it's good when you're sweating heavily!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    $149 BOSE SIE2i Sports Headphones - Orange - w/Reebok fitness armband holds your audio device during exercise.

The armband took a little time to get use to but I like it now.and the earbuds have never fallen out.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2 - worth the price ..but better if they are a gift :) Never had any issue with them falling out and the sound is great. Sometimes you get what you pay for in life - I was replacing headphones every few months with cheap models then for the past year and a half I have had these with no issue and if you add up what I was spending on the cheapies these have been worth it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Beats by dre.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    best ones I have found are actually running haed phones by addidas.. They have two styles one with a volume remote on the cord and another for an iphone that lets you control everything via the remote on the cord.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like my: iFrogz Ear Pollution Plugz Earbuds
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I have the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats. They are pricey so other cheaper versions with the similar design is great. They stay on when I run and they mold into your ears so they hold in place. They are also water resistant so it's good when you're sweating heavily!

:laugh: To give you an idea how much they mark them up, I got mine for $10 in China.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Yeah the jaybirds are a little more expensive. But they are worth it if you can afford them.

The freedom that I get from using cordless justified the price tag for me. I can never go wired again.

Jaybird has one that's around $80, though I don't really know much about the differences between them. I'm pretty happy with it and it's definitely worth it since it's sweatproof and I don't have to worry about cords getting in my way.

Though I'm finding now that with warmer weather I'm sweating more and it sometimes causes the buds to slip out of my ears. It comes with optional hooks to place over your ears, so I'm going to try those on my next run.