Body Pump class - How to log it??

Options
I take a body pump class that lasts about an hour. It involves weight on the bar and doing lunges squats, bench pressing, curl ups, etc. I know I'm burning major calories, but Idk how to log them. I could do each individual exercise, but i can't keep track of how many reps, etc. and it would take me forever! Any suggestions?

Replies

• lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I started taking it I googled the Body Pump classes. Some people did tests and measured their calorie burns during the class using heart rate monitors. There was a lot of variability (how hard you work, the weight you use, your weight, etc) but I figured an average was good enough to give me an idea. I am 5'4", 143 and I log it as 320 calories burned - for me it is a pretty intense class and I try really hard. This was a rough average of all the numbers I read. hope this helps!
  • mel3491
    mel3491 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'd be curious to see other responses. I found a 'curves circuit' which may be decently accurate- same idea. I know what you mean; I used to take a 'body pump' through 24 hour fitness which is now OZ fitness. Same class called 'body conditioning' through the YMCA. They say this is the best work out for toning you back up- I dread the thought of hanging skin!
  • jamiewilliams372
    Options
    Thanks so much!