Hi everyone, Yorkshire lass with an underactive thyroid :-(

Options
Hi All

Just joined, never joined an internet club before but need the motivation.

I have just been piling on the weight over the last 2 years and need to desperately do something about it as it is getting me down. I have an under active thyroid and everyone just keeps saying it is really hard to lose weight. I think I have just been using it as an excuse!

Any tips or advice and motivation welcome.....

Sam:embarassed:

Replies

• anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place :) add a lot of friends who will motivate you... Ofcourse fee free to add me :D
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi SJ, you'll love it here lots of motivation, tips and support. If you've got the thyroid problem under control with medication etc, i can't see there being a problem with you losing the weight. The biggest tip i could give you is keep active on the site it really will help and motivate you. You can do it hun!! oh and feel free to add me as a friend. :happy: Good luck!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Yorkshire lass too....and 35 years old....how spooky! Good luck and feel free to add me x
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to a great site
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I also have an under active thyroid, I am on medication for it. I dont know if it is harder to loose weight or not. I just started about 3 weeks ago. I am loosing, so that is encouraging. Just keep motivated. Plan your food and exercise and stick to it. This site is incredible and will help you alot......