5'8 or 5'9 girls - Goal weight? Starting weight?

Options

Replies

• RebeccaNash
    Options
    Hello!
    It's nice to see what others have set as their goals for a little perspective. Most others I follow on here are a few inches shorter than me.

Starting Weight (Jan 2013): 172lb
    Current Weight (May 16 2013): 154.1lb
    Goal Weight: 130-135lbs

When I originally started cleaning up my diet & hitting the gym I wanted to get back to where I was when my spouse and i started dating almost 4 years ago now. This would put me in the 145-150lb range. But the more I cleaned up the diet and got more active the more I loved it and better I felt.

I decided that I wanted to push myself to lean out and tone up even more and was making good progress so i set a goal to compete in the UFE Showdown in the Bikini Division. Over the last 2 months I've become much more lax on my diet and seen the weight creeping up and down in the 154-158lb range. Now I'm doing a detox to get the sugar, salt, and crap out of my system so I'm not subject to so many cravings and can get myself back on track.

As of today I only have 37 days til competition and a long way to go!
  • baggilou
    baggilou Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Ladies :)

I am just under 5.8 but could do with some motivation as starting back on MFP today!

Currently around 235

Would like initially to get down to 200

In a dream world would like to be 168 :)

Feel free to add me - some slapping to motivate me may help :) Lou:laugh:
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im 5"9.6 (according to the gym scales... and now around 170 lb i think (after a whole weeks all inclusive in turkey)

desperately need to get back in to shape now, and would like to aim around 145/150 ... lowest I have been is 154 in recent years.

although I'm not entirely fussed about the scales i would like a BF of around 15%

if anyone would like to add me or make some reccommendations of where to start etc and how much excersize, id be greatly apprecaitive!!

IDEALLY - I wana be around this when my boyfriend and I hit USA in 137 days.... were going florida, and I dont want to feel I need to cover up all the tme whilst walking around in the heat, want to look and feel comfortable in some cool shorts and bikini top with my converse!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    SW 184
    CW 167
    1st GW 165
    2nd GW 155 (recommended by my doctor)

The last time I was below 150 I was hyperthyroid and everyone told me I looked awesome, but I had no muscles and I felt like death.
    Since my goal is to have some muscles, I think I want to stay above 150, but I'll see how it goes.
    Body fat now around 32%, would love to get to 25%. I'm 45 and a bit afraid of losing too much weight/fat in my face. (Yeah, I know, I should be lucky enough to have such problems!)
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.
    SW - 326
    CW -310.6
    GW - I think around 159. That puts me at the very top of normal weight. It has been 25 ears since I was that weight so I don't know. I will decide when I get closer to my goal.Right now, I am just trying to get under 300.

I would love more friends so feel free to add me! :happy:
  • nkb617
    nkb617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 245 (2002) plateaued to 176
    Current Weight: 170
    Goal Weight: between 130 and 135

Lowest I've been is 158, and I was told at the time that I was looking real bony - but I think that is because everyone is used to seeing me bigger my whole life. I am Korean, and the scale for my ethnicity is around 130 - 135 for my height. We'll see how well this goes!
  • projectvanity
    Options
    5'9"
    SW: 348 (May 1, 2013)
    CW: 344
    GW: 150-170 (I have a large frame)

I want to wear a size 10/12 I think that will look good for my height and bone frame. I'm not sure what weight that will be though. I'm am for 160 lbs since that's right in the middle.
  • mgaje
    mgaje Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hello ladies!

SW 220 ish lbs
    CW 181 lbs
    GW 170lbs

feel free to add me as well! have a great day!
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hola chicas!!!

I'm 5'9

SW 192
    CW 173
    GW 155

Don't hesitate to add me!! I love having chicas as friends on here that are the same height as me. :)
  • ccshopsalot
    ccshopsalot Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 5'9".. CW is 205 (went up this week.. hoping it's muscle) GW around 170. Would LOVE some MFP pals who have similar builds. I just turned 40, have two kids, work FT and am doing Jillian's Body Revolution, started working hard two weeks ago, started the Rev this past Sunday.

If you would like to be a buddy, please let me know your one of the tall gals :)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    SW: 140
    CW: 134
    GW: 120-130

My goal is mostly to fit back into my old jeans (I can't afford new ones) and when I fit in them I fluctuated between 120-125. However, I've started weight training, so I imagine if I lean out I could be a higher weight and still fit into them.

Haha this me too!
    I also am just starting weight training...I currently weigh 135. I think I might gain weight with this training, but hope to avoid gaining fat. Right now my body fat is 21 percent.
    I dont mind gaining if it means lean and strong!
  • anniecrisis
    anniecrisis Posts: 20
    Options
    doesn't anybody on here do up to date weights and measures?

height 174.5cm (or 5ft 8 3/4 on the imperial measuring stick at work)
    weight started at 85kg (which was 13 1/2 stone in imperial - multiply the stones by 14 for pounds, I can't think in those at all)
    current weight = target weight, 65kg (10 1/4 stone)

decided what target was based on my frame, and BMIs. Yes, I know, there are all sorts of reasons why BMI doesn't suit everyone, but actually, for the vast majority of normally built people, it's not a bad indicator. I tried putting my numbers into one which adjusted a bit for being taller than average, and it still came back out in the healthy range. If I stretch, my ribs now show a little bit, where before they didn't, and my thighs no longer chafe when I walk, hooray: I still have a slightly curved outline rather than bones sticking out everywhere. Boobs sadly have disappeared, and bum also rather flat now, but I'm fit, which I wasn't, and have more energy. Colleagues at work are not used to me looking this way though, and tell me I look "awfy thin" - meh :( The aim had been simply to be healthy, the trouble being that our culture has got so used to people getting bigger and bigger that the norms have shifted in folks' minds :grumble:
  • SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    Options
    5'9.5"
    SW: 254.5
    CW: 219
    GW: 160
  • China170
    China170 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 145-150. I started out at 249 now i'm 182. Getting closer to my goal!!!!!
  • Kendi268
    Kendi268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. I currently weight 173 and my goal is 140-150.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a large frame

SW: 340
    CW: 216.5
    GW: 165 (maybe more like 150-155 if it's possible)

Anyone with similar stats can add me as friend, if you like
    :smile:
  • camrussell314
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 5'9" and I'm currently 135lbs, hoping to get down to 120lbs. I just joined today and would love for some of you to add me as friends. Thanks!
  • joydoncheski
    joydoncheski Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi I'm slightly taller then 5'10"

SW 167 lbs
    CW 152 lbs
    GW 135-140lbs

My goal weight is not set in stone, If I could fit back in a size 5/6 pants I would be content.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

SW: 195
    CW: 187
    GW: 145

My goal weight is flexible, I'm waiting to see how I feel once I get lower. I haven't been 145 since high school and I was shorter then, so I don't know what I would look like at 145 now.
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"

SW: 173 lbs.
    CW: 165 lbs.
    GW: 150-145 lbs.

Still a ways to go but the weight loss journey has been great so far! :drinker: