added sugar help

Options
I find it really easy (most days) to stay within a 1200 calorie limit even though its been a bit of a battle learning to eat regularly and not have days where I don't eat at all, but my problem is I always seem too go over my sugar limit just from drinking coffee! I have gone from 1 teaspoon of sugar to half and have around 4 tablespoons of milk but along with sugar thats already in food I always seem to go over, is this going to affect weight loss? I really can't give it up all together.... can anyone view my food log and offer suggestions?

Replies

• Giovannismom
    Giovannismom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's a great question.... BUMP
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Everybody has different things that are hard or easy to drop from their diet.

A few teaspoons of sugar isn't that much on your coffee. That milk actually probably has more calories.

However . . .

Easy things I dropped from my regular diet were sugar and cream in my coffee (I went for good black espresso at home or diner coffee a few times a week with 1 teaspoon of sugar for however many cups I drank and a creamer).

I substituted Fit and Delicious torillas (50 calories) for bread on sandwiches (200 calories). I dropped butter for most things. I drink water instead of milk most of the time. I went to skim milk when I drink it.

I rarely eat rice or potatoes or salad dressing or mayo or cheese

Things I didn't drop . . .

1/4 cup of ice cream when I want it
    Nuts
    Meat (I eat more now than I used to because I dropped other carbs)
    High quality deserts a few times a month
    Alcohol once a week or so

I'm planning on doing this the rest of my life. I eat what I want, but I pick what I REALLY want first and work the rest of my diet around that.