need advice please

Options
is anyone out there suffering with water retention or legs swelling,,,,,,,it is is interfering with the results of my weight loss........durring the day my legs and ankles swell up,,,and when i wake up in the morning, they have gone down but my upper body is swollen,,,its like a tidal wave...my waist can increase by 4 inchs,,,the Doc said after lots of blood tests and ECGs ,,,that i am fine,,,,,so whats going on,,,,,my net cal goal is 1300 and i have cut my salt intake,,,,,,,any sugestions lovely MFP

Replies

• happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Do you drink lots of water? Eat plenty of fresh veggies? These things help to flush out excess fluid. Try to make sure you are eating fresh food you prepare yourself over processed food and see if it helps. What about exercise?
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Do you drink lots of water? Eat plenty of fresh veggies? These things help to flush out excess fluid. Try to make sure you are eating fresh food you prepare yourself over processed food and see if it helps. What about exercise?

I agree with the above people, awesome advice also keep active , your body will change if you keep these things up. need to stick to it. try not to have a "cheat day" personally I don't believe in them, for me lots fresh veg and home cooked meal, cut out processed food, your body can heal its self

quote We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

anyone can add me
  • thank you for responding to my quests for help......i grow, cook and eat my own veggies,,,,,and i don't have process foods,,,,,, exercise ,,,i walk the dog everyday for 10 to 20 mins ,,,2 hours of karate a week and an hour of swimming a week.
    i think you're correct that the problem is not enough water,,,,if a did not have any visitors every day,, calling in for a coffee,,,,,,i would forget to drink,,,,, thank you you have made me realize how little my fluid intake is,,,,,hope it works