logging vitamins?

Options
Just curious.. do you guys log vitamins and things like that? I try to log everything I put into my body and was wondering if anyone else does the same?

Replies

• Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't, but mainly because I'm mostly concerned with watching my calorie intake and the general balance of the three macros. Don't pay too much attention to all of the micro stuff. I suppose in a perfect world I should, but at 315, anything is better than nothing.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I created recipe that includes all my daily vitamins and called it Pams Daily Vitamin Pack. That way I only have to add one thing each day.
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did today, first time I've taken one and felt I should log it.....
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I recently started, but not because of the calorie count. I did it to remember to take them. I always forget, but now I have a vitamin category in my diary so it reminds me. So far it's working. =)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I do since I like to pay attention to the vitamins (A, B, C, calcium, iron, .. ) as well. The 2 fish oil pills also add up to 35 calories so I log it.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That was the one I was concerned about .. 35 calories for 2 pills is crazyness! lol
    I do since I like to pay attention to the vitamins (A, B, C, calcium, iron, .. ) as well. The 2 fish oil pills also add up to 35 calories so I log it.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I log mine because it helps me to remember to take them!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    No I should though.

A lot of times I just can't be bothered.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I didn't log vitamins for a long time, but now I do. I like to see the overall picture of what/how much vitamins I am getting.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I would if i was keeping track of my micronutrients, but I don't.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Not currently, but I'm having weight loss surgery next month and then I'll be taking chewable vitamins :sick: for a while which have calories, so I'll log them just to keep track of the calories.

Personally I don't need to log vitamins because I don't forget to take them.. I don't log water either because I don't forget to drink it... if it was something I struggled to remember to do then I'd log it just to make sure that I remembered to do it, but since it's something I do automatically, I don't see the point of logging.
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do!!! It helps me remember to take all my vitamins AND I like to record/log everything that goes in my body. :smile:

I actually just had a comment that a friend started logging hers after seeing that I do. :flowerforyou:
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    I do, then I remember taking them. Medically I'm on 1200 mg of omega 3- fish oil 3 times a day. My pils are 15 calories each. It adds 45 calories to my day.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just started today - supplements and prescription - as I want to keep notes on how I feel/progress as I continue to workout, lose weight and shape up. Also curious about the side effects of my meds as 3 of them can (emphasis on can) cause weight gain.

One of my motivators is to reduce the volume of medication I'm on
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yes. My doctor told me my vitamin D was low so I take a supplement and I track it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I do if I know I am lacking somewhere. For example, if I get cramps in my feet and legs I know I need to get up on my potassium, calcium and magnesium. I will make an effort to log those and increase as necessary.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I do. It reminds me to take it. And it makes me happy when all my numbers are red :devil:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes. My doctor told me my vitamin D was low so I take a supplement and I track it.

Mine too. He did prescribe me a supplement, but he did tell me to take one. It did not help me. Perhaps it is because they are not putting as much vitamin D in the supplements as they claim. I now get more sunshine when it is available. That helped more than the supplement.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't.