16 lbs to go!!! yeah!!!

Options
I have 16 more lbs to go...I am so excited I had to share...I am not bragging I just wanted to shout for joy!!! hubby hasnt seen me in 5 months since his deployment... he will be home next month...i can't wait to shock him with my 60 - 70 lbs weight loss...im going to have someone take photos of this priceless moment..lmao!!!

Replies

• LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    congrats lets see those before and afters
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    omg so exciting for hubby to return to 60-70lbs down! congrats! i can't wait to hear about his response.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not only a great accomplishment, but how fun to get to surprise your husband!!!! Congrats!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome and what fun it will be to see hubby's response. We want to hear about it
  • bgat
    bgat Posts: 63
    Options
    i know i know i cant wait... :) i cant wait to jump up into his arms and not feel so self conscious about it.... i have updated photos on my blog if you want to check them out :)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You look great! He's going to be blown away!
  • bgat
    Options
    thank you...i added one old photo from right before he left in my wedding dress and then the rest are from the months from march until now... :) thank you for all the encouragement...i just hope i can reach my goal weight before he steps off the bus!!!
  • bgat
    Options
    grrr tried to post before and after and cant figure it out... sorry
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! You should be proud, it's not bragging. Does your hubby know about how much weight you've lost? I'd like to be there to see his reaction. He's going to be looking around for you and not be able to find you LOL. What a great accomplishment! :smile:
  • bgat
    Options
    Thank you AmyW... he doesnt know exactly just knows ive been exercising and eating different...i refuse to send him photos...he gets mad but i want to surprise him :) ... he wont have to look around for me because im going to run and jump in his arms..he is probably going to think who is this crazy woman running towards me...all i can say is he better be ready to catch me :) ... thank you again..
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    That's fantastic. I can't wait to hear what your husband's reaction is going to be. Congrats girl.
  • bgat
    Options
    thank you steph_armstrong... appreciate the encouragement.... it helps me get to my goal... all the positive feedback helps get through those tough days... :)
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    I just looked at the pictures on your site, you have changed a lot since the wedding dress picture, your looking thinner, more confidant, sexier. Your husband will be very surprised and happy i'm sure. Great job
  • bgat
    Options
    I feel great and am way more confident..but i still get nervous thinking about him seeing me... hoping he will approve ... lol... thank you again vanessa 1977...
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Your story gave me goose bumps....I am so grateful for the men and women who serve for our country...you should be very proud...and I bet he will be just as proud when he sees you...that will be amazing and such a surprise....congrats on your weightloss and good luck on the rest........:flowerforyou:
  • bgat
    Options
    awww... thank you timbotina... and im sure he would say thank you also... i try to be proud but i still have the mind set of my old self.. im trying to build confidence and strength...if this 5 months has taught me anything it is i am alot stronger than what i thought i was... when i get lonely and the kids are at there dad's for their 6 months which happens to have been 3 of these five months i get so alone...but the attention i have focused on my health and my goal is what keeps me going...i want to surprise him and just see his face... thank you so much!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    i know i know i cant wait... :) i cant wait to jump up into his arms and not feel so self conscious about it.... i have updated photos on my blog if you want to check them out :)

I secretly hope he doesn't recognize you one bit, and yells, "Whoa there lady... thx for the welcome, but I'm taken" & then drops a jaw when it hits him!!! WTG girl :happy:

Now that's some kind of heroes welcome....Big kuddos to you both for your devotion and dedication to our country! Hooah.....
  • bgat
    Options

I secretly hope he doesn't recognize you one bit, and yells, "Whoa there lady... thx for the welcome, but I'm taken" & then drops a jaw when it hits him!!! WTG girl :happy:

Now that's some kind of heroes welcome....Big kuddos to you both for your devotion and dedication to our country! Hooah.....

lol... that would kind of be funny... :) ...thanks
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on your accomplishment and I also cannot wait to hear how shocked he is. What a great way to keep busy while he was deployed! Have you been keeping him informed on your weightloss or will this be 100% surprise? I don't think I could go 5 months without telling my husband how much I've lost each time he called.

My husband is in the Navy and I'm hoping to be in a healthy weight range before he goes out on deployment in Fall '11 but if I'm not I hope I can surprise him like you're surprising your hubby! :)
  • bgat
    Options
    Mirlyn..thank you...it is a great way to keep busy!!! it has given me focus and taught me my strengths..the nights i felt like giving up and just crying myself to sleep i spent running or walking...or the days i felt so alone i would go to the gym and focus my attention to running an extra minute or biking that extra mile...i would look for ways to get in exercise beside going to the gym..as you know cali is full of hills and mountains..so i would find myself walking to friends house that lived up on one of the mountains that was 6 or so miles away from mine..it is hard to really really hide it from him but i think it helps me look forward to the look on his face... deployment is a sucky thing for us wives who spend months and months WAITING...yes that is a big nasty word...just stay focused set a goal and you will get there...make it fun...i quit talking to everyone and focused on me for the first couple of months and i have slowly let people back into my life.. i used the deployment as a time to kind of find me...and really really discover what i am made of...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!