Looking for those who are not losing as quickly as desired

Options
Hello! I am semi new to MFP. I am 28 years old , 5'1, and 170 lbs. Two years ago i was 35 lbs thinner and that was the thinnest I have ever been was more than content with my physical appearance. Over the past few months I have been trying to get back into shape. I joined the gym 3 months ago and was working at least 4 (usually 5) days a week doing 30-45 min of the eliptical and various weight training exercises. however three months went by and I hadnt lost any weight. I then joined MFP and started counting my calories and realized I was eating WAY too much. Which brings me up to date, ive only been using the calorie counter and really tracking my diet very recently. I also started upping my cardio and I either bike 20 miles or use the eliptical for 50 min (both exercises usually burn around 600 calories) 4-5 days a week. I also dont have a car so since it has warmed up I have been biking everywhere.

Long story short , just looking for people like me who are working towards their goal and have not exactly seen the results as quickly as expected. I log in daily , multiple times. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can help each other and continue our process =)

Replies

• brittany16950
    brittany16950 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in your same boat too! Except... I haven't worked as hard as you have! I was student teaching last semester, and I just graduated with my second masters' degree and it's left me... well... heavy! I need some encouragement from someone other than my husband who really just nags me by looking at my plate and going, "Boy, you sure are hungry, Britt.." It's annoying coming from him. Anyway, Hi, I'm Brittany, nice to meet you!
  • brittany16950
    Options
    So, wait... how do I add you as a friend?!
  • Natfacestuff
    Natfacestuff Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing this for nearly 4 weeks now. I am 5'3 and 144 lbs and 25 years old. I have been doing high intensive cardio workouts 3 - 4 times a week and swimming once a week. So far I have gained weight.... And this is controlling my calories. I know my biggest weakness is chocolate and my boyfriend, who is a chef, cooking. One pack of butter seems to go in everything, I refuse to watch him cook!! But he only cooks once or twice a week due to work, and I otherwise live off lots of rather healthy meals.

I find this all frustrating as I used to be 120 lbs and did no exercise other than walking around to friends houses. Having been at university helped me gain a lot of weight. If you loose some weight, please give me some tips!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    all my weight has been lost over about 20 months, so while I have probably lost closer to 80 pounds than the 67 my ticker shows it was done over a long grueling period.

just stay consistent - biggest thing with weight frustration is to 1) not try and compare yourself to your MFP friends and 2) avoid weighing yourself too often (much harder)
  • ygrmstr
    ygrmstr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First of congrats on working towards your goals. Im kinda in the same boat. I've been doing p90x for about 2 months now. Seeing some results but they are coming slowly. The most important thing when it comes to getting fit is make sure your eating at a calorie deficit. If you burn more calories than you consume your guaranteed to shape up. Remember your body already burns of calories just by being up and awake. Good luck on your journey. Add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other!
  • brittany16950
    Options
    Oh, swimming makes me soooo hungry...
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I lost about 75 lbs in 9/10 months. That was really fast, but guess what I started to eat normal again and gained 25lbs back in what seemed like 1 month. I continued to workout and mostly mained my weight for about a year. Just recently again , I started to drop the weight. SLowly. 1lb or so a week.
  • Sptfrgrl17
    Sptfrgrl17 Posts: 19
    Options
    it is frustrating working so hard and not seeing any results! i know my (and the rest of the world..) downfall is DELICIOUS FOOD! over these past 4 months it has gotten MUCH easier to pass on those delicious cupcakes and yummy salty potato chips.

glad to know im not the only one who is on the slow boat.

have a great weekend everyone!
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi I know the feeling too
    Everytime I take anti depressants I gain loads of weight and fast, like 7lbs per week,then I have to restrict food to below 1000 calories a day to maintain weight, so this time I thought hey they say eat healthy and exercise, so thats what I did, made no difference, got huge cravings never felt full, so after a 56lb weight gain, I binned the meds, it was soal destroying gaining weight while trying to be healthy, I knew I was eating enough but my brain kept telling me I was hungry and it was that starving feeling...

well I quit the meds a month ago, am only just starting to feel like me, but the food and exercise is helping, eating healthier is giving me energy and exercise is making me feel good...

I have continued gaining for the first two weeks, I gained 7lbs during that time, but this last weeek I stayed the same weight and I know I have lost inches, well probably only half an inch off my waist, so I know I am on the right path, I hope to lose all the weight but want to do it healthily and change my habits for life...

So if you feel it aint happening quick enough you need to change how you view food, and look around cos we all feel the same, the weight goes on quick but takes forever to go, c'mon would you want to get evicted from a rent free home, well neither do the fat cells, lets all get sneaky and do it the right way, maybe the fat cells will all go, but lets all help support each other :)

feel free to friend me who knows we may run into each other one day ( literally) lol

Good luck reaching your goals each and every one of you :)