My Cute Clothes Aren't Cute Anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• juniperleaves
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to shrinking out of my clothes! I've even set up a reward system so that every month or so, I get to go to the thrift store and buy a few new things along the way. :)

Not only that, but being able to shop in my own "clothes that won't fit over my giant butt anymore" bucket is going to be AH-mazing!
  • neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    I made due with thrift store clothes, hand-me-downs and seriously old clothes from the back of the closet until I hit goal. Then I went out and splurged on all new pants. It was an awesome feeling. I also did a serious purge of the closet and got rid of nine bags of clothes that were out of style or finally too big. It was incredible how cleasning that was!

And in a similar vein to yours, I had bought a cute pair of expensive jeans that were too small but were on sale. The first time I wore them my legs went numb and I was sporting some SERIOUS muffin top! (I wore them with a thigh-length sweater.) Not to mention they rode low enough that I was almost a "crack baby"! Now the pants are too loose to be cute going-out jeans and I have to wear serious heels with them now that there is 30 lbs. less "junk in the trunk" pulling them up.

Good job on your journey!!! Keep it up!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Broke my heart the day I had to finally put away my favorite gray pinstripped Calvin Klein suit. I'm hoping the discount suit store I bought it still has it, only in a much smaller size.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nice, it just sucks that its so expensive to build up your clothing again
  • toniju
    toniju Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...congrats!!! I can't wait to get there, you are my INSPIRATION today! You have done so great. Thank you for the post.
  • bluejeansbaby03
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Misha6
    Misha6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!