Breakfast ideas

Options
What do you eat for breakfast? I need some ideas.
Please share your regular work-week breakfasts and the calories, etc...

Thank you!

tena

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I have to say during the week I just stick to cereal- I have to admit its getting boring and I would probably do better with a protein breakfast but cereal is so easy and holds me over! Multigrain Cheerios with Almond milk or skim and a banana
  • jlw02
    jlw02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here are a few breakfast ideas I usually have:

1. scrambled eggs- 1 whole egg, 2 whites

2. oatmeal with raw blueberries and 10 raw almonds

3. yogurt w/ 1/2 cup fiber one ceral stirred in

4. light string cheese, banana

5. hardboiled egg

6. 1/2 c. cottage cheese topped w/ fresh fruit or sunflower seeds
  • ebeachgirl
    Options
    Great ideas everyone but I should have said in my orginal post that I am allergic to dairy. That is why I am struggling so, breakfasts are very dairy driven. :grumble:
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i have a microwave omlette bowl. i put 2 eggwhites,2 slices of turkey bacon sliced into 1/2 inch slices along with tomato, onion, &2% cheddar . then nuke it for 3 mins. due to bp i have to season with mrs dash.i beleave it's only 189 cals mostly protein.
  • labreemike
    Options
    in fact it's only 158.
  • labreemike
    Options
    whoops missed the dairy part try soy cheese if there is such a thing. is velveeta really cheese?
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to milk, but I use as little as possible, because it causes me to build up a lot of phlegm, which is unpleasant.
    When you say "Allergic to Dairy" does that include eggs? Sorry for my ignorance, but I know some say "allergic to dairy and they mean milk and anything made from milk, but not eggs.

I often have one slice of french toast,

1 slice of homemade bread 150 calories
    1 free range fresh egg 70 calories
    and a dollop of Soy Milk 10 calories
    Ketchup, just a bit 20 calories
    all told 250 calories and I just love it!

Other things

Spicy Miso Tofu Saute
    (makes two servings)
    1/2 cup tofu, I like the firm kind 90 calories
    1 or 2 tbsp Miso Kimchi Sauce (see below) 40 to 80 calories
    a cup of shredded cabbage 20 calories
    1/2 cup Bean sprouts 35 calories
    1/4 cup of green onions 10 calories

Cook it all in a frying pan, with a lid, but you have to let it reduce a bit or it will be runny

All told 195 to 235 calories, but that is two servings

I find it really fills me up and it very tasty. You can refrigerate it and heat it up in your microwave. Freezing it can do weird things to the tofu, so I'd avoid that.

We buy a Miso Kimchi sauce in a bottle, it is made by a small company and it all natural, no MSG or any of that crap in it, but you can make your own it is not hard

Miso Kimchi Sauce
    1 cup of Aka Miso this is the stronger stuff 480 calories
    2 tbsp of Mirin (Japanese spice) 70 Calories
    2 tbsp of Sake 70 calories
    Dash of salt
    1 tsp of honey 20 calories
    You can buy Kimchi sauce in a bottle I'm sure, add this to taste, it does not take much and you don't want it so very hot that your eyes water (unless you like that kind of stuff:tongue: )

Mix is all up, you can do this by hand or in a blender I guess
    Total calories 640, but I round that up to 650, just to be on the safe side.
    You will get a good cup out of this, and there are 16 tbsp in a cup so that is only 40 calories to a tbsp

To my breakfast saute I add one tbsp, cook it, if it is zesty enough for me, I leave it at one tbsp, but sometimes I do add two tbsp, see what you like.

This Miso Kimchi sauce is great in a lot of things, you can even use it as a veggie dip, but it is strong so be careful!

I hope this helps, as it is not your usual breakfast!!