for those who do the tdee method

Options
I am 24 pounds away from my goal weight so my question is being this close to my goal should I aim for a 10 or 15% tdee cut?
what is reccomended for someone who is so close to their goal.

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Probably 10%, but it's hard to say what a reasonable deficit would be for you without knowing your other numbers. With how much you've already accomplished, I think you know best and can probably make a reasonable judgement on how much to increase your intake :)
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Are you happy with how things have gone so far? How many pounds per week have you lost on avg? IMO if you're happy with the results and you've got good energy levels throughout your workouts and the day, stay where you are. If not, as iron animal said, it would be hard for anyone else to say. You've gotta go the trial and error method.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    it took me 2 1/2 years to get from 250 pounds to my current 165 pounds. I average about 1 -2 pounds a week weight loss. I actually need more energy level on my work outs and during the day. what numbers do you need

I am 5"4 inches tall a large frame, big boned, broad shouldered, atheletic build
    38 years old

my current weight is 164 pounds

my goal weight is 140 pounds

I am going to be working out in my daughter's school fitness room in the gym the 3 days its open they have: elliptical trainer, weight machine, stationary bike, dumb bells, a machine where you sit on your bottom and you lift your legs the highest you can reach them before the bar drops. ( not sure what machine thats called.)

my work out levels have been lightly active. I am going to be bumping things up the gym 3 days and then on the days I am not at the gym strength training.