DOES THIS REALLY WORK!?!?!? or is it a scam...? tattoo??

Options

Replies

• FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    yikes. that would take an insane amount of laser treatment, and no cream is gonna remove that.

leave it. there are FAR worse tats out there. believe me...some are on me.

just out of curiosity...what made you commit to a tattoo of that magnitude if you werent 100%?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you can add whites and light colour in it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    That is huge, but no, it's not ugly, and really it's only seen when naked or in a 2-piece. It's not like it's a micky-mouse on your neck. Maybe go see someone and talk about why you don't like it and see if they can fix it up a bit. But I'd guess that's too big to be removed.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    That is one of the prettier tattoos I've ever seen that someone wants to cover up. Usually they're all gnarly, or of names, or cartoon characters. Consider yourself lucky - you can go to a good artist and get them to add some swirlies on your hip to balance it out, add some white to highlight certain areas, and make it more detailed. You'd basically have to chop off your entire midsection to get it off of you, a tummy tuck would just make it look like a corrupted jpeg file.

Edit: I looked again and you confused me by having a flipped image - the petals didn't match up and the flowers overlap differently in both pictures. Now I realize it's just the other side of the tattoo. Ha.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    yes i just got off the phone with my laser tattoo removal place and OMG the very tiny one on my wrist is 1000 dollars or more! and its seriously a small name.... also.. they said thet there is no laser treatment in the world that can remove colors like greens and pinks/purples/pastels and so on... so.... either i get a tummy tuck to slice it off... or.......... idk.... i dont like it because its to big... its a cover-up of an old tattoo so it had to be this big.. i also dont like how bold it is... also i wish it was in all light colors like pinks orange yelows and reds.. im not a blue and purple kind of person... DARN....!!!

plus i hate when people are shocked by it lol... like OMG thats so big haha i feel the same way....

i guess the good thing is that it is easy to cover-up... ill just have to stick to one pieces my entire life... :(
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i also agree about the white to high add some highlighting. from far away if it looks like a dark blob, isn't that okay? when they are closer they will be "holy smokes look at that tummy and that tattoo to highlight it!"
  • auroranflash
    Options
    yes i just got off the phone with my laser tattoo removal place and OMG the very tiny one on my wrist is 1000 dollars or more! and its seriously a small name.... also.. they said thet there is no laser treatment in the world that can remove colors like greens and pinks/purples/pastels and so on... so.... either i get a tummy tuck to slice it off... or.......... idk.... i dont like it because its to big... its a cover-up of an old tattoo so it had to be this big.. i also dont like how bold it is... also i wish it was in all light colors like pinks orange yelows and reds.. im not a blue and purple kind of person... DARN....!!!

plus i hate when people are shocked by it lol... like OMG thats so big haha i feel the same way....

i guess the good thing is that it is easy to cover-up... ill just have to stick to one pieces my entire life... :(

Stop getting spur-of-the-moment tattoos you'll regret. Plan them out for a year or two in advance. Jeez.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    LOL oh my!!! a tummy tuck cuts off area from your belly button down to above your (girl part) so i know it would be erased.... (well not erased but sliced off ewwwww gross) but ill have a huge scar that ill hate.... gosh... never get tattoos until your 30 and you REALLY know you want it.... crap.. mistakes... this is the result of a 3 time cover-up!! :(
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    i also agree about the white to high add some highlighting. from far away if it looks like a dark blob, isn't that okay? when they are closer they will be "holy smokes look at that tummy and that tattoo to highlight it!"
    aww that was nice... :) thanks... your right... maybe ill take it to a different artist and get it fixed up... because my tattoo artist got very lazy.... on the 3rd session.... idk if u can tell but the middle of the flowers are different colors on the left side...
  • auroranflash
    Options
    LOL oh my!!! a tummy tuck cuts off area from your belly button down to above your (girl part) so i know it would be erased.... (well not erased but sliced off ewwwww gross) but ill have a huge scar that ill hate.... gosh... never get tattoos until your 30 and you REALLY know you want it.... crap.. mistakes... this is the result of a 3 time cover-up!! :(

Even a tummy tuck would not remove the entire thing, that would require something more akin to a skin graft. How attached are you to the skin on your thighs? Hmm.....

Seriously, though, you're sort of stuck with it now. Just get it detailed and maybe a few add-ons on the side to balance it out and learn to live with it. It's actually a decent tat, it just needs touching up.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You got a tattoo you regretted, covered it up with another tattoo you regretted. Now your plan to get rid of said tattoo is to gain weight (and presumably lose it afterwards) so that the loose skin would warrant a tummy tuck. Surgery!
    How does this idea even make sense to you?
    I think you should really spend more time thinking about consequences before doing something radical.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    lol yeah.... but i have always been a do it last minute kind of person!!! ... and i also am a perfectionist... so... those two dont mix,,, but... i think im keeping this tattoo and make it better.... but THIS TIME im going to think long and hard of what i want... and not make any crazy leaps until i think atleast 1 year about it.. (like another person commented) thanks guys for your feedback... :) i think ill just keep losing weight and make my body the way i want then ill think about this tattoo in the FUTURE because its not THAT bad..

thanks guys for the help :)
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll weigh in as someone who has gotten a tattoo removed.

I have a lot of tattoos, and I've had one large one removed... because I did not choose a good artist (long story) and it was on my leg, so due to the high visibility, I opted to remove it vs. cover up (I don't have any other tattoos on my legs). It is now completely removed, but took about 3 years of laser treatments with about 8-12 weeks in between treatments. I personally don't have any scarring and I firmly believe that is due to fastidious aftercare.

Whoever you talked to was right - cool tones are nearly impossibly to remove (black is the easiest). So it wouldn't even be worth your time or money to get laser treatments. And no, creams won't do anything.

For those interested, laser tattoo removal IS extremely painful, but obviously gets easier as the ink fades. There isn't really a good way for clinics to give you an accurate estimation of how many treatments will be needed or how it will look afterward because there are a lot of variables that go into that - like skin tone, propensity for scarring, type of ink used (there's nothing that regulates tattoo ink), how heavy handed the artist was, etc.

Lastly, I will be honest with you and tell you that whoever did your cover up did not do a good job. Cover ups are not easy and if I were you, I'd spend the time to find a REALLY good artist with lots of experience covering up. Look through portfolios, talk to people, whatever you have to do IF you are indeed going to get it covered up a 3rd time. But I definitely believe you could find an artist to breathe new life into the one you have and that would certainly be the easiest and least expensive option.

Good luck to you!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    It's in the shape of a uterus with Fallopian tubes and ovaries. It's much larger, but it''s in the general vicinity. Make it more uterus shape anatomy style around it/through it, and blend it with the flowers. Get the whole fertility in bloom thing going on.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    That's pretty big to try a cover up. I don't know how well a cover-up would work.

I would suggest going to MULTIPLE tattoo parlors and getting many different opinions on a "touch-up"...
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends had a tattoo on the back of her neck laser treated. She said it hurt like hell and it's still there. It is in black ink and they told her it would never come completely off. It looks l ike it was written on with a pencil now rather than being black but it's definitely still there.

This place called Dr.Tatoff said that black ink is the easiest to erase and color ink never goes away completely and it depends on if it was professional or not.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I love your tattoo, not crazy about the placement but its beautiful.

My husband had a cover up done. I don't think you'll be able to cover that up.

You mentioned it was dark. Have you gone back and asked them to pull some white or yellow through it to lighten it up?.
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options

also have you every had laser tattoo removal? does it hurt after you get it done??

i hate my tattoo so much that im thinking of going to a plastic surgeoun to remove it (lower stomach tattoo) so pretty much i would need to GAIN weight to get a tummy tuck.... help i need to find another soultion.... because no matter what plastic surgery and laser tattoo removal would pretty much be the same price = around 10000... no lie...

I'm currently having a tattoo on my shoulder removed by laser tattoo removal, and I plan on removing another 4 more over the next couple of years (one of them is across about half of my back). I have a moderate pain tolerance; I've had my nipples pierced and that killed for me, but I also sat through 4.5 hours of constant tattooing for the one of my back without crying until the last hour (when all my endorphins were gone).

Does it hurt? Yes. It varies depending on the person; some find it less painful than the actual tattoo, others find it more painful. I personally find it a tad more painful.

BUT...

How long did your tattoo take? The one on my shoulder took an hour and a half. Each laser tattoo removal session, though, lasts less than a minute. A full sleeve would only take a couple minutes. It's incredibly fast and so the slight amount of extra pain is worth it. Also, you can tell them to stop whenever you want and they immediately press ice to it and it feels much better.

When it's done, it's practically painless. It just feels like a bad sunburn for a day or so. Before my first session, I was so scared how badly it would hurt that I bawled my eyes out and wouldn't let the guy start for an extra 30 minutes. Lol. Then he did it and, yeah, it hurt, but not nearly as bad as I expected, and I felt SO silly. Every other session after that, I've walked in, pulled my shirt up, lied down, and been like, "Let's DO this."

It's also very safe, as the GOOD lasers do not affect the skin, but the layers beneath that, just to break up the inks. Then, over several weeks, it'll begin to fade.

CON: There's no guarantee how many sessions you'll need. It depends on the age of the tattoo, whether it was done professionally or not, and your health and habits. All black tattoos are also easier to fade quicker; some colours, like teal, are tough to fade, while white cannot be affected by any laser. So you'll have to prepare yourself to pay quite some money if you want it gone - BUT, you don't always have to go back at the recommended time (between 4-6 weeks), because even if you did one session and never went back, the colours would still very slowly break up over the years.

*Although, where are you going that it's quoting you $10,000? That's LUDICROUSLY expensive :S I live in Canada and the place I go (In British Columbia) has some of the best lasers and the cheapest they charge is $90/session, and the most is no more than $150/session...

Don't rely on tattoo fading creams, as no, they don't really work. And I wouldn't do the surgical method, as they basically grade away the skin until the tattoo is gone, but it'll leave you with a large scar. Laser tattoo removal is the best method, the safest, and although there are no guarantees, it produces favourable results for the majority. I've had 4 sessions and my tattoo has significantly faded; it's at the point where I can cover it with makeup if I want to, which will be good for me at my wedding.

If you really are unhappy with your tattoos and could find a cheaper place to do laser tattoo removal (while still knowing that their quality of lasers are reliable), I'd recommend it. Hey, as I said, I have only a moderate pain tolerance and I've already decided I'd sit through getting 4 more done - clearly it can't be THAT bad.
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Also, whoever you spoke to should have chosen their words more wisely, because greens CAN be removed, it just depends on the shade of the green. But white cannot be removed, for sure.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a tattoo removal cream; from what I've heard the laser feels like a hot rubber band snapping you really fast over and over again but it depends on your pain threshold.