1. iced tea- plain
    2. coffee- black
    3, water with lemon wedge
    4. flavored sparkling water
    5. club soda
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Water, Diet Water, H2O, Agua, WHATAH, Werter, anyone you wanna spell it say it write it.....WATER IS THE BEST! Stay away from the ASPARTAME, AND THAT LONG *kitten* WORD WITH THE P...Thats usually in bold letter...Phenilakline or something lol
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    You could try zevia, it uses Stevia to sweeten, many don't have caffeine, and they're tasty. They're at Fred Meyer, trader joes new seasons, etc. and natural sparkling waters that specifically say they don't use fake sugars, like ones that use sugar alcohol instead (idk, my boyfriend is type 1 diabetic and won't drink fake sweeteners, but accepts those ones)
    And, like everyone else says, water :)
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you like fruit flavored drinks, Celestial Seasonings has blueberry tea bags that are really really good...my four year old thinks it is juice...if you want it sweet, throw in a teeny bit of good old sugar...totally recommend it...I only drink it cold with ice.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am not worried about fake sugars, aspartame, or phenylalanine

I am just looking for zero or low calorie beverages
  • voodooziggy
    voodooziggy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There are lot of studies that show that artificial sweeteners do not help you lose weight, and may even make it harder. If you must have something artificially sweet, I would do it in small amounts, and diet sodas are usually loaded with aspartame.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    95% of the time I drink plain water, but maybe once a week or so I want a caffeinated drink. So I've started keeping sugar-free instant drink mix on hand, the single-serve packets that are meant for a 16-20oz bottle of water. It's ok for an occasional indulgence, better than diet soda.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hint water! It doesn't have junk in it.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I drink water with a lemon slice and lots of ice, herbal tea, hot or cold sweetened with liquid stevia and of course water. I am working on giving up diet coke and am down to having just a few a month.

The herbal tea gives me a TON of flavor options.

I am trying to eliminate artificial sweeteners but that's a personal choice.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Unless you count arsenic, some heavy metals, and some other nasty chemicals...
  • jtangcs
    jtangcs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Make your own flavored water with fruit. All natural and none of the chemical sweetners.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options

Not if you drink pool water....has some pretty nasty stuff in it
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Water, water, and more water...
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Vitamin water zero (Go-Go flavor). This is the one and only flavor of this that I like. I recommend it to everyone who doesn't like the other flavors because I don't either. It's sweetened with stevia (or truvia) so it's a natural sweetener.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can slice up all kinds of fruits and some veggies for water. Ginger cinnamon and mint too. Let it set over night in the fridge. Amazing!!!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Water, Diet Water, H2O, Agua, WHATAH, Werter, anyone you wanna spell it say it write it.....WATER IS THE BEST! Stay away from the ASPARTAME, AND THAT LONG *kitten* WORD WITH THE P...Thats usually in bold letter...Phenilakline or something lol

Yup!

Working on quitting Splenda. I find that if I have something sweet- even if it's not *real* sugar, I crave more sweets. It was explained to me in my anatomy/physiology class that it tricks your body into thinking you've ingested sugar when you haven't, so your body releases as much insulin as it normally would, causing you to crave more sugar. Could be wrong. And if I'm going to sweeten something, I'll use real sugar. Hard habit to break!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Meh, water is for making ice to go in my bourbon
  • dobyblue
    dobyblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Unless you count arsenic, some heavy metals, and some other nasty chemicals...

Or if you don't drink those because you own a Berkey Water Filter!
  • suzanne_j7
    suzanne_j7 Posts: 1
    Options

LMAO @ "AND THAT LONG *kitten* WORD WITH THE P...Thats usually in bold letter...Phenilakline or something lol"

You Are Effing Hysterical! :laugh: :laugh: