Greece!

Options
So I just got back yesterday from my 2 week vacation in Greece, and I must say...that place is absolutely amazing!!

I went with my 2 cousins, uncle, and friend. We were in Athens and Thessaloniki for one week, and then rented a sailboat and sailed the cyclades for another week. Kythnos, Tinos, Mykonos, Naxos, and Kea were the islands we visited.

The scenery is unbelievable...just like you see in the movies!! And can I just say that you really haven't lived until you've had a homemade crepe filled with nutella, bananas, and vanilla ice cream...I was in heaven!!

Now it's back to real world and time to get back on track! Hopefully it won't be too difficult!

Has anyone else ever been to this amazing country? Or is anyone else going on any amazing trips this summer?

Replies

• lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So I just got back yesterday from my 2 week vacation in Greece, and I must say...that place is absolutely amazing!!

I went with my 2 cousins, uncle, and friend. We were in Athens and Thessaloniki for one week, and then rented a sailboat and sailed the cyclades for another week. Kythnos, Tinos, Mykonos, Naxos, and Kea were the islands we visited.

The scenery is unbelievable...just like you see in the movies!! And can I just say that you really haven't lived until you've had a homemade crepe filled with nutella, bananas, and vanilla ice cream...I was in heaven!!

Now it's back to real world and time to get back on track! Hopefully it won't be too difficult!

Has anyone else ever been to this amazing country? Or is anyone else going on any amazing trips this summer?
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What a wonderfully amazing vacation!!!! I've never been, but it's been on my "bucket list" to go to Greece for a while now.....:wink:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Super jealous!!!! I have never left the US and more likely won't since the whole fear of flying really does not mesh well together but who knows maybe I can conquer that soon as well as my weight and fly to Greece and work it at the beach in my new bikini body......a girl can dream!!!!!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been. But, I am originally from Holland so it was close for us. You are right, it is sooooo unbelievably gorgeous. I am glad you had a good trip and welcome back!!
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    wow!!! that sounds like a wonderful vacation!!!

i am part greek, and my dad still has family over there near Rhodes. in fact, my grandparents came over from greece and had a farm over there. they have split the land between my brother, sister and me. my dad has been back but the three of us have never been.

hoping to go with my dad sometime in the next few years - meet family, see my land and see the beautiful country and culture!!!!!

i am so jealous of you - sailing for a week on top of greece - amazing!!!!!
    and to think our vacation this year may just be a bed and breakfast in williamsburg virginia. now i feel so let down by my vacation plans :sad:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to go to Greece!!!!!!! That is on my list as well:happy:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I am glad you had such a great time.
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Ooh so jealous! I really want to go to Greece within the next year or 2.

I'm heading to Spain and Portugal in 2 days though! :bigsmile:
  • lilnatn2
    Options
    wow!!! that sounds like a wonderful vacation!!!

i am part greek, and my dad still has family over there near Rhodes. in fact, my grandparents came over from greece and had a farm over there. they have split the land between my brother, sister and me. my dad has been back but the three of us have never been.

hoping to go with my dad sometime in the next few years - meet family, see my land and see the beautiful country and culture!!!!!

i am so jealous of you - sailing for a week on top of greece - amazing!!!!!
    and to think our vacation this year may just be a bed and breakfast in williamsburg virginia. now i feel so let down by my vacation plans :sad:

You're lucky though...you have an inheritance over there so you have to go at some point!! I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to go back again.

Virginia sounds great! Sailing was quite the experience, and it was tons of fun but at least at a bed and breakfast you'll be able to take regular showers which is definitely a plus! Have a great time!
  • lilnatn2
    Options
    Ooh so jealous! I really want to go to Greece within the next year or 2.

I'm heading to Spain and Portugal in 2 days though! :bigsmile:

Spain?! Now I'm so jealous! That is next on my list.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories.......

I have never been in Greece. I sailed for 15 years in the French Mediterranean, and I know pretty every bay and port there. Well, many of them. We had that idea one year to sail from France (Cote d'Azur) to Greece and back in 2 weeks. Rented a 50 foot boat. Good sailors, but also some "tourists" on board. we made it as far as Catania (Sicily). Because of technical problems with the engine and some damage on parts, we had to fix things, lost to much time and had to sail back:sad: . Soooooooooooooo close to Greece!
    Was a great trip though!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    I haven't been there... how was the money exchange? I've been reading that it's very expensive to travel abroad.. since our dollar is in the pooper. :grumble:

I've been to the Outer Banks... right before the in season hit... that's a beautiful place! ... and I'm going back to Vegas in a couple of months. PARTY!!! :drinker:

I average a pound a day weight gain, every time I vacation :ohwell: I'm working at losing from the last vacation free-for-all now. :ohwell: ...funny how it goes on a heck of a lot easier then it comes off. :huh:

It's great to get away... and it's so nice to be home. :happy:
  • lilnatn2
    Options
    The money exchange does kinda suck...its about 1.6 to 1, euro to american dollar. It kinda got me in trouble because I actually spent way more than it seemed like I was spending :noway: but I got some great stuff!!

I'm also going to Vegas in August! Only for a couple days though. Should be fun! Have a great time!